Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

On 10/1/2016 at 7:02 PM, Animal said:

Picked up 0.02 inches of mist today. Temp has spiked to 55F recently.

Burning the 1st fire of the year. 

Fog or clouds are starting to take over on my street.

Got some decent rain down in margate, nj this week.

Nice flooding was occurred in/on the roads in Ventnor, NJ, just south of AC.

Waves were solid near Longport around my brothers home. The point had some gust near 40 mph on the hand device.

Some of the back bay roads had water on the main roads..I almost got nervous as the water was near the roads.

No signals of cold in the future. Really hope something magical occurs with snow near months end:lol:

It's getting close!! Lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_50.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snywx said:

39 here this morning

I hit 49.2F at my house.  Felt cold this morning. Positive news is that we (my area) are getting really nice foliage breaking out the past week.

I expect peak to occur just prior to halloween this year.

Temp dipped to 43F on rt 515 heading down the hill towards rt 23 around 7:45 AM.

Rockin day down Brigatine, NJ. Attempted haul butt down there, but was met by cars everywhere at 8 AM. I asked my wife where these people come from in the morning. 46 East, parkway south were a disaster this morning until the driscol bridge. lol.

24 minutes ago, Animal said:

local NYC news is calling for a hard freeze later this week in our portal areas. Frost in other areas.

Cold night tonight. Solid wind blowing.

I am actually cooler than the valley locations currently.

Current temp 46.1 F

CAA ftw.. On radiational cooling setups they almost always win. 

47 here

8 minutes ago, Animal said:

any idea on the first freeze dates for your towns. 

Typically November at my house at some point, unless there is an epic cold shot or snow in October.

My location stinks at the first freeze.

I expect deep valley locations to get in on Tuesday morning.

I think many valley locations up here should come close this week. I know @IrishRob17& @Juliancolton are usually among the first in the area to reach freezing. Ive been in the 30s a few times already with 36 being my lowest so far this fall

7 minutes ago, snywx said:

I think many valley locations up here should come close this week. I know @IrishRob17& @Juliancolton are usually among the first in the area to reach freezing. Ive been in the 30s a few times already with 36 being my lowest so far this fall

yea..Julian is the ice box.

Wallkill, NJ and Sussex, NJ airport will get into the 20's in NW NJ for reporting stations.

Hoping for a frost at my house.

1 hour ago, Animal said:

any idea on the first freeze dates for your towns. 

Typically November at my house at some point, unless there is an epic cold shot or snow in October.

My location stinks at the first freeze.

I expect deep valley locations to get in on Tuesday morning.

Usually first frost for me is right around this time (October 7-14).  First freeze sometimes occurs towards the last week of October, but more times than not it has to wait until the first or second week of November, like it did in 2014.

6 hours ago, snywx said:

We'll find out soon enough. I've found that early in the season I can run a degree or two warmer than expected which I believe is due to the leaves still on the trees in my yard. The wide open space of KMGJ can be those couple of degrees cooler but we shall see. 36 has been my low for the season so far as well. 

I'm probably the only one but I noticed over the summer that 100.7 WHUD had switched weather sources from the local Fleetweather in Dutchess County to Accuweather. I rarely listen to WHUD but I grew up listening to it as my folks listened all the time. As a kid I always remembered running to the radio in the winter when I heard it was time for the Fleetweather forecast and they were often spot on with the forecast as it was from a more local perspective than the TV newscast out of NYC. Even as an adult I would tune into WHUD at half past the hour on the way into work to here their forecast. Nowadays of course it's different as we have access to more weather info than we know what to do with thanks to the internet.  Anyway, back to the tame weather watching. 

59 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Cool and intermittent stretches of sun and drizzle to keep things moist makes for good leaf peeping but the colors this year seem a little washed out.  Maybe it's my eyes aging but I remember years where it was much more vivid. 

I've seen some trees that look washed out but then I've seen others that look as bright as they ever had, its kinda weird.

6 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

The Wallkill at Gardiner is currently at 1.67' and below are the record low flows:

Low Water Records
(1) 0.89 ft on 10/16/1984
(2) 1.40 ft on 07/10/1991
(3) 1.59 ft on 08/14/1966

Canistear  Reservior heading out of Highland Lakes, NJ to Rt 23 is brutally low. A few dry islands are showing up. Lowest I have ever seen it. 

Point and click is calling for a low of 33F tonight. I highly doubt I get that low. My call 36F.

Hit 38.9F this morning. 

Hopefully the back half of the month we get the mother ship of cold.

Checked my stats for last year. I had a monthly low of 25.3F on the 19th of October in 2015.

Archived