Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Even after that beast of a FROPA, it's still pretty warm out - with the exceptionally warm antecedent airmass and a sun angle that remains quite high, the CAA has lots of work to do. No flannel or pumpkin spice in sight.

Agree but im lovin the DP below 60 again. 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:56 PM, Keith O said:

FWIW the 12Z GFS has 0.5" or less total precip over next 14 days, dry begets dry....

As of today (9/12) have 0.08" since Sep 1, last substantial rain was on Aug 31 (0.61").  Extremely dry out there and many trees dropping their leaves, will this lead to a dull and drab fall showing?

Yeah lots of leaves down, most of the underbrush in the forest is yellowing or already done for the season, there are tons of branches just breaking off and fallingand there are even some trees flopping over just dry as a bone.  Trails are sandy and creeks are dry, places that are usually soggy are dry and pots that are usually mosquito pools are dry too.  Fire danger is as high as I've seen it in a long time and when the leaves really start coming down it's going to go through the roof.  

Just ran my preliminary met summer/warm weather stats, which I'll post after I verify them for anyone who cares <crickets> LOL.  Anyway, for precipitation I wound up actually .44 over average thanks to the deluge at the end of July.  As for temps, I recorded 29 90 degree or plus days for 2016, which beats out 2012 by one day thus far.  I also had five official heat waves which is tied with 2012.  Note: for 90 degree days and heat waves my sample size goes beyond just June, July, and August.     

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

Just ran my preliminary met summer/warm weather stats, which I'll post after I verify them for anyone who cares <crickets> LOL.  Anyway, for precipitation I wound up actually .44 over average thanks to the deluge at the end of July.  As for temps, I recorded 29 90 degree or plus days for 2016, which beats out 2012 by one day thus far.  I also had five official heat waves which is tied with 2012.  Note: for 90 degree days and heat waves my sample size goes beyond just June, July, and August.     

Imagine the drought hype in an actual BN summer!

22 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Summer 2016.JPG

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

July is the only month, due to luck of the draw as to where the band set up at the end of the month, that I have had above normal precip this year, all the other months were below normal.

I remember being at Stewart waiting for my flight early morning of the 31th and it was absolutely pouring. Didn't think I was gonna get out on time. Took me 40 mins just to get to SWF

Archived