Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Obs

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

currently 73 with a forecast high of 90, looking at the vis sat image I gotta wonder if that happens.....the models as usual are underestimating the wedge...

I was looking at some numbers for rainfall here and since Jan 2015 ( so the last 18 months) we have had 105" of rain or almost 6" a month on average.....last year we missed our all time wettest year by about half a inch with 69.09", and are sitting on 36" for the first 6 months of this year or about 13" above normal for the year. This would put us on pace to have our wettest year ever if we get 36" over the last 6 months of this year.

RAH:

As of 1000 am Monday...

Low stratus deck remains in place across the entire CWA this morning

as convection continues across the northeastern counties. This again

has thrown a monkey wrench in our confidence on what this means for

convection this afternoon.

RAH:

As of 1000 am Monday...

Low stratus deck remains in place across the entire CWA this morning
as convection continues across the northeastern counties. This again
has thrown a monkey wrench in our confidence on what this means for
convection this afternoon.

Why has it thrown a monkey wrench in what to expect for convection? Obviously, there will be very little. Should make the forecast easier.

Special weather statement for heat index values above 100 in WNC this afternoon. Currently 73 and very overcast. How's that gonna happen? Wedge!!!

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

GSP knows what they are talking about. I don't. We just hit the forecasted high of 90, after the clouds dutifully burned off. Not sure about the heat index, but they deserve the big bucks we pay 'em.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

This cell went right by me, its raining way too heavy though to see if there was anything funny going on, the wind did pick up though.

I saw that on radar too but haven't heard anything as to it being anything other than just a rain storm.

Archived