• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Obs

Said this in the severe thread, the simulated radar RAH shows in their briefing shows a pretty good line of storms forming and moving across NC, but the forecast is only calling for isolated storms. And that hi res loop looks nasty.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We continued the wet trend IMBY yesterday.  Thought I was going to have my first dry day in a while yesterday, but we picked up 0.09 inch of rainfall around 10:30 PM last night to continue the streak.  I have now measured rainfall IMBY on every calendar day since and including 6/27.  That's a streak of 10 days.  Will today make it 11?  GSP gives me a 30% chance...

Heavy thunderstorm in progress right now. This makes 5 out of the last 6 days we have had rain. Temp dropped from 90 to 78 and dew point from 80 to 72. Will post storm total later after storm ends.

Well we only picked up .26" from that which brings my monthly total to 4.60" and more storms are forming to my west and heading this way.

This one is slowing down after bringing lots of lightning and .53" and counting. We have now topped 5.00" for the month and low and behold an even bigger storm is following in this one's path. Only wish it was daytime so I could watch them move in.

91/73 = 100.

4th day in a row of 100+ heat index.

I've lost track how many times I've had it here and today will be no exception. In fact, there is another heat advisory with HI values probably between 105 and 108....and actual temps will once again get to around 100...which has happened now quite a few times already. This summer has been pretty brutal heat wise. I've had a couple of decent showers/storms over the past several days but it's still awfully dry here with low pond levels.

Looks like GSP will hit 100 for the 1st time this year today boys. Already 98 at 3:00 and still a few hours of heating left to go. Some other mid afternoon temps around the region:

Asheville          87

RDU                90

Knoxville          91

Greensboro     91

Atlanta             93

Charlotte         95

Chatagnooga    95

Athens             96

Charleston       97 (113 HI)

GSP                 98

Augusta           100

CAE                 100