Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice call on the warm to hot summer in the northeast. August looks to continue that and then right into fall 

Thanks. We'll see how we finish up in another month. The 90F+ heat backs off for the next couple weeks, but it should return thereafter. I would tend to agree - that based upon what I'm seeing thus far - September looks warmer than normal.

54 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Folks.. We have a special special record just tied. 10 days straight of 90+ was achieved today tying the record from 1995. We are in the midst of a hot summer Looks like more 90's next Thurs- Sat. Bring on August

At BDL....not every place has hit 90 the past 10 days.  You make it sound like every place has hit 90 for the past 10 days.  I think 90s were more widespread and humid in 1995 too.  We had a lot of thunderstorms that stretch and summer, something that is missing in this stretch but 90 degree readings for 10 days is notable.

I just don't agree with the hot summer notion considering we still have a month to go.  The first 45 days were definitely not hot.  A 10 day stretch does not equal 90 days.  Let's see how the last 32 days play out before we call the game.

37 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

At BDL....not every place has hit 90 the past 10 days.  You make it sound like every place has hit 90 for the past 10 days.  I think 90s were more widespread and humid in 1995 too.  We had a lot of thunderstorms that stretch and summer, something that is missing in this stretch but 90 degree readings for 10 days is notable.

I just don't agree with the hot summer notion considering we still have a month to go.  The first 45 days were definitely not hot.  A 10 day stretch does not equal 90 days.  Let's see how the last 32 days play out before we call the game.

lol you know his game by now.  He posts like everyone is experiencing the weather at whatever station fits the narrative (ORH or BDL).

I should just say "hey I'm glad we all enjoyed the slightly below normal temps we've seen in July this year.  Bummer the heat never made it into New England."

51 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

The point is..it's our official record site in N CT. So that's how it goes down. No-one is saying we live there, but it goes down as a very impressive and special record. And looks to continue August and unfortunately into fall

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The point is..it's our official record site in N CT. So that's how it goes down. No-one is saying we live there, but it goes down as a very impressive and special record. And looks to continue August and unfortunately into fall

Tolland Stem has 2 90s all month congrats Death Valley tarmac congrats though 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

lol

So how long will the 90s streak continue in your mind?  60, 90 days?

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Congrats, man.  I know you enjoy hot weather, and you've had a terrific two weeks.  I hope you can get through until Thursday with all those BN days ahead, and then the heat returns like you hope.

Some good rains coming, surprised there isn't more talk about this for the drought-stricken Northeast.

GFS with around 2" here through midday Tuesday... 2-6" for the ALY CWA.

gfs_apcpn_neus_11.png

GGEM is a bit more west than the GFS...but still a nice drink for parts of New England.

gem_apcpn_neus_12.png

RGEM only through Monday afternoon but looks wet for western New England and NY State.   That'd be a big swath of 2"+ by the time its done.

rgem_apcpn_neus_16.png

35 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

SLK down to 43F....BML/HIE at 48F....MVL with 49F.

Nothing unusual but crisp for this memorable stretch of heat.

Looks like we might hit 80F+ again on Thursday but for now highs in the 70s rolls on.

That's what happens in the cloud capitol of New England.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Glad we aren't there. Congrats on fall in summer. No thanks

Yeah hopefully you are taking full advantage of the great outdoor weather down on the tarmacs.

Monthly mean of 80/54 has been one of the best July's in recent memory for outdoor recreation.  Just chamber day after chamber day.

Archived