• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
High End Severe Wx Possible Sat nite (6-11-16)

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is difficult to time MCS activity, but Saturday aftn decaying MCS seems on the cards. Saturday night doesn't seem interesting at the moment to me anyways. I would be more impressed if the timing was delayed 12 hrs to time increased LLJ and instability burst.

Euro keeps everything way south tomorrow with MCS..Hope it right

The one thing I think is a possibility is to see potential for a supercell work into western CT towards the evening. I don't think there is a great severe threat across southern New England as I think the warm front is going to have trouble pushing through the entire region.

The reason for this being the front doesn't approach western sections until very late afternoon/early evening as as the sun begins its descend warm fronts typically struggle to make much movement in the evening/overnight periods.

If we don't see a supercell we very well could see a decaying complex (if one develops across C NY or wherever) and ride south along the front. This could pose a risk for damaging winds and large hail

tomorrow definitely has that storms pealing off S of SNE in the old parabolic butt-bang out of a good time look.  

you grow to recognize when things are up to no good.   signs look okay, ...sure, but its just a clever lubing of the cosmic dildo to get your hopes all up only to maximize the torment.  

.LOWER GREAT LAKES REGION INTO NORTHEAST...
CONSIDERABLE UNCERTAINTY STILL EXISTS CONCERNING SEVERE WEATHER
POTENTIAL. THE MAIN UPPER IMPULSE AND ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT APPEAR
LIKELY TO REMAIN WELL NORTH OF THE LOWER GREAT LAKES REGION THROUGH
MUCH OF THE DAY. HOWEVER...A MORE SUBTLE IMPULSE MAY PROGRESS
SOUTHEAST OF THE LOWER GREAT LAKES...THROUGH NORTHERN MID ATLANTIC
AND SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND COASTAL AREAS...DURING THE DAY. THIS MAY
BE ACCOMPANIED BY EARLY DAY CLOUD COVER AND PRECIPITATION THAT COULD
LIMIT DESTABILIZATION.

HOWEVER...IN THE WAKE OF THIS FEATURE...BOUNDARY LAYER MOISTENING
MAY MAKE STEADY PROGRESS EAST OF THE LOWER GREAT LAKES...TOWARD NEW
ENGLAND. AND AN AREA OF ENHANCED LOW-LEVEL WARM ADVECTION COULD
SUPPORT RENEWED CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT IN THE PRESENCE OF A
DESTABILIZING BOUNDARY LAYER. THIS SEEMS MOST PROBABLE EAST OF LAKE
ONTARIO INTO PARTS OF THE MOHAWK VALLEY...BEFORE DEVELOPING
SOUTHEASTWARD LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. IN THE PRESENCE
OF SHEARED 30-50 KT LOWER/MID TROPOSPHERIC FLOW...ORGANIZED
CONVECTION IS POSSIBLE. THIS MAY INCLUDE BOTH SUPERCELLS AND AN
EVOLVING CONVECTIVE SYSTEM ACCOMPANIED BY AT LEAST THE RISK FOR
SEVERE WIND GUSTS AND HAIL.

Models continue to grow more bullish on a high end potential severe wx event for especially SNE on Sat night as we warm sector and drive the warm front well into and thru the region. Some of the modeling is quite alarming, while others are sort of meh

looks meh on all now

looks meh on all now

IMO pinning hopes on the EML advection was always a long shot for the large majority of SNE in this setup, but I don't rule a picturesque event with even modest instability given the shear that will be in place. Not turning my nose up at a nice low topper, with small hail and swirly clouds. Mid 70s over mid 50s may well do the trick...

i think the corridor between ALB and CT and points ESE needs to watch this. 

SRH could be epic tomorrow combined with insolation taking place under the nose/terminous of EML plume.   i think concatenating SRH with warm frontal lift under EML is inherently dangerous. 

specials is warranted. SPC is right and despite the thread starter this one really needs to be pinned.  

watch for wee hours/dawn convection going to hazy sun and whatever forms some 20 to 40 mile NW of White Plains NY has great potential for helicoidal in that profile. jesus.  fresh BL moisture under EML in SRH saturation?   okay -

The 21z SPC SREF is pretty eye opening with several parameters...right now showing 30% chance of MLcape and SBcape >2000 J/KG across NY/PA in the warm sector...if we see those values with the given shear/helicity there will be a strong TOR somewhere

Do you still feel that the warm sector will not progress very far into SNE ?

Do you still feel that the warm sector will not progress very far into SNE ?

I'm very skeptical of that happening. I think it could get into extreme western MA and extreme western CT but even with this those areas would have to be watched for isolated severe (including possibility of a supercell/tornado threat) given orientation of the warm front and storm motion along the front. If enough instability manages to push in, hodographs will be quite large given degree of shear (directional/speed). I'm not sure what the chances are but the chance is certainly enough to warrant a mention IMO.

(I can't stand typing on an iPhone...hopefully I corrected all the stupid mistakes)

Archived