• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NNE Summer 2016

MaineJayhawk

Envious of you guys that have gotten rain today.  Watching the line just north of me slowly sinking ESE.  Hoping to get something from it but looks like it could just skim by to the north giving us yet another dry day.  Time will tell.   89.8F looks like my high.  Those temp/dews are very impressive south of us.  Norwood Mass last hour  96/75F.  Can't imagine.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Envious of you guys that have gotten rain today.  Watching the line just north of me slowly sinking ESE.  Hoping to get something from it but looks like it could just skim by to the north giving us yet another dry day.  Time will tell.   89.8F looks like my high.  Those temp/dews are very impressive south of us.  Norwood Mass last hour  96/75F.  Can't imagine.  

it's not all that it is cracked up to be by some posters. pretty much the same temp/DP at my location, and it sucks ass. pretty much relegated to the bedroom of my apartment, since that is the only room i have with AC. shoot me.

12 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

it's not all that it is cracked up to be by some posters. pretty much the same temp/DP at my location, and it sucks ass. pretty much relegated to the bedroom of my apartment, since that is the only room i have with AC. shoot me.

Just a special,special time....if you are by water.  Everyone else is miserable outside a few people who enjoy these Jackson MS days.

Wow, just got home to find 0.81" in the Stratus with standing water everywhere.  We only had 0.45" at the mountain so a rare win for town.  

Looks like it rolled through about an hour ago, recording a 3.40"/hr rain rate on a local PWS (0.76") at that station.

Its been a while since I've had standing water in the yard.  But I guess 0.8" in like 15 minutes will do that.

image.jpeg

Shot the gap perfectly again (for the zillionth time this summer).  Plymouth one town north got at least 3 good downpours.  Bristol one town south just got a good downpour.  Nothing here as the dusty brown ground continues.  Looking upstream everything north or south.  Just amazes me.  Mother nature has to even out sometime and I'll get hit good.

Glad so many of you got beneficial rain today.

Boston's 78F dew at 5pm is really impressive!

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Shot the gap perfectly again (for the zillionth time this summer).  Plymouth one town north got at least 3 good downpours.  Bristol one town south just got a good downpour.  Nothing here as the dusty brown ground continues.  Looking upstream everything north or south.  Just amazes me.  Mother nature has to even out sometime and I'll get hit good.

Glad so many of you got beneficial rain today.

Boston's 78F dew at 5pm is really impressive!

Just got a report of 0.28" at Bristol.

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Just got a report of 0.28" at Bristol.

Ocean, I noticed Plymouth 8 miles north also got about 3 good downpours today too.  This has happened over and over last summer and I bet a dozen times this summer.  I just can't figure out why my area just east of Newfound Lake has missed countless opportunities while Plymouth to my north or even eek and Brian to 20-25 miles to my SE and south have gotten so much more.  It just has to be luck of the draw but it has been an amazing streak.

Very cool timelapse eek.  It looks like I'll miss the line of storms by about 3- 5 miles as Plymouth will  get its 4th storm of the day.  It's interesting that when the storms intensify they are right turners.  They almost want to feed into the warmer air to the south that didn't get rain tainted earlier.  

2 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

There isn't a single strike anywhere in NH according to radarscope, so you won't miss much.  It appears I've charged a lot of batteries for nothing.

Too bad it's moving so fast.

eek.  I'm watching out my window.  There has been about 10 flashes of lightning the past half hour with the cells approaching Newfound Lake.  Not much but some lightning.

6 hours ago, dryslot said:

Looks like one and done here

Same here, though it was sprinkling at BGR as I left the airport.  Unfortunately, my wife's flight didn't leave Sanford, FL until nearly the scheduled arrival at BGR.  Today's max of 77 came before 10 AM, when the rain began.  About 70 or so was the best it could do afterwards.  Just heard some rain (or wind, though it's been flat calm.)

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Enjoy the rain coming. I'll be the only one without a drop soon.

It appears your bad luck can be transferred just by offering congrats to other people.  

Pretty impressive sudden collapse of orange pixels, overall shrinkage, and somehow it ended up going mostly north of me.  Nice solid white sheet of rain came right up to the marinas and then slid north.  It's kinda fascinating how dead-on accurate radar can be. 

.11"

Archived