Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NNE Summer 2016

MaineJayhawk

5 hours ago, ApacheTrout said:

A shutout here in Orwell.  Small perennial streams are drying up.  Otter Creek is ridiculously low.

Wow, that's some awful luck. 1.15" at KMPV. It came down pretty hard for a time yesterday. Haven't been out yet but can't hear the stream out back so it doesn't seem like there is too much runoff. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this whole torchy CON thing got me intrigued. 2 straight tied records now while MHT and ASH were decently cooler. I went back to the day I moved here and found every 95F+ day at CON and compared those days to MHT, ASH, and my station. It's a SSS, but I think it shows how something has changed by a couple of degF at CON starting last year. They could almost never beat ASH in high heat and now they do it every time. They beat me by 4F to 6F before...now it's 7F to 9F. They would occasionally beat MHT before. Now it's consistent. I'll have to look at the average highs for JJA for the past decade later, but I was more interested in the high heat days for now.

concomparisons.PNG

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So this whole torchy CON thing got me intrigued. 2 straight tied records now while MHT and ASH were decently cooler. I went back to the day I moved here and found every 95F+ day at CON and compared those days to MHT, ASH, and my station. It's a SSS, but I think it shows how something has changed by a couple of degF at CON starting last year. They could almost never beat ASH in high heat and now they do it every time. They beat me by 4F to 6F before...now it's 7F to 9F. They would occasionally beat MHT before. Now it's consistent. I'll have to look at the average highs for JJA for the past decade later, but I was more interested in the high heat days for now.

It definitely doesn't "feel" right

45 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The barely misses keep on coming. Hopefully some of those cells in NY cN turn a bit right so we can at least get some dying showers this far south.

63.5F Moderate rain shower and fog.  Cloud base is riding right on my property.  Tops of trees up hill from me are obsurced but I can look down hill and see 5 miles.  Looks good for rain with VT cells moving my way.  Heavy cells passing just a couple of miles to my north. 

I have not really been following the Concord temperature debate but it seems like many times I look at their temperature as compared to MHT it seems high.  Isn't the airport way up on that hill? I would think they would be cooler than areas down closer to river level.   Couldn't someone with a trusted very accurate thermometer set it up next to the ASUS station and compare readings over a week or so.  Seems simple to be able to check.

Hope you guys that missed the rain yesterday catchup with those that did.  Multiple rain chances with front in the area and hopefully what is left with the Louisana complex can make it this far north mid week.

.13"  today after 1.00" yesterday has shut down my drought mania.   I think all the posters of C/NNE have gotten something now.   Is anyone still shut out?

Love the 64F today.  Kills the convection but yesterday's 89/72 was brutal.  So oppressive SW of the front today.  Leading the pack at 3pm is DCA with 98/77F.   That's about as bad as in gets ever on the east coast.

38 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

.13"  today after 1.00" yesterday has shut down my drought mania.   I think all the posters of C/NNE have gotten something now.   Is anyone still shut out?

Love the 64F today.  Kills the convection but yesterday's 89/72 was brutal.  So oppressive SW of the front today.  Leading the pack at 3pm is DCA with 98/77F.   That's about as bad as in gets ever on the east coast.

Still .01"

3 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

8/10:  0.20
8/11: 0.00
8/12: 0.13
8/13: 0.29
8/14: 0.16

Approaching the theoretical upper limits of meh.

The BD killed us. My dad got 1.32" in his stratus after I gave it to him for his bday last night. lol

I laughed when I saw CON hit 84F yesterday. My high was 73.9F at 1am or something. I don't think I got higher than 71F during the day. It's frustrating watching red pixels training south and north of us. Oh well...I'd be happy with almost a half inch if other areas weren't crushed so I'll stop the complaining and hope for more with the front today.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

My summary

It's so depressing... a good flooding pattern like this seems to happen maybe once a summer. 

On a random note, I wonder if those random bolts of lightning in that shield of light rain last night were positive strikes?  They were 10-20 miles away, but good lord were they deep with an exceptionally long rumble-length.

Archived