12bet1 net
NNE Summer 2016

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

More heavy rain for VT...shocking. ;)

Looks good for a burst of heavier rain overnight here too. I haven't looked at anything deeply lately...just cheating with consensus QPF.

The RAP and HRRR seem to be leaning a bit further east recently, wonder if the heavy band moves more to the VT/NH border area or even into Gene's neighborhood..

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can't wait to score 0.19" while Mansfield gets 1.78" and in town is a meager 1.28" in the stratus.

:lol::hurrbear:

Nahh the office will be more like 2.25" while town is 1.25" haha.  

You guys will get the QPF this winter while we wait to see if there's any 600mb Magic to be had.

PF,  you can spare an inch or two for your friends SE of you!   Feels really tropical out there with low Cu racing north overhead.  Wind is going pretty good too.  Forest is making lots of wind noise.  My Davis station is quite old.  It's showing a peak gust of only 21mph.  With my south exposure and the way the trees are really blowing I would guess gusts into the low 30's.  Do the bearings on an anemometer wear out after years of use?  

48 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

PF,  you can spare an inch or two for your friends SE of you!   Feels really tropical out there with low Cu racing north overhead.  Wind is going pretty good too.  Forest is making lots of wind noise.  My Davis station is quite old.  It's showing a peak gust of only 21mph.  With my south exposure and the way the trees are really blowing I would guess gusts into the low 30's.  Do the bearings on an anemometer wear out after years of use?  

Yeah hoping you guys get a good 1"+ soaking.

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Hope the HRRR is right.  Light rain band has just gotten to me.  From my vantage point I can look 35 miles SW and see Sunapee so its got to be raining pretty darn lightly.  Band has weakened past couple of hours.  Guess that trend will reverse this evening.

This first shortwave is shearing out a bit into Quebec, but there is a secondary one crossing Erie which should at least keep the line together tonight.

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Spoke too soon...high PWAT air getting wrung out currently in some torrential rain here.  Eastern VT into western NH should do well as the flow has become more parallel to the radar echoes.

August_21_1130pm.gif

.93 at KMPV with the heaviest coinciding with your radar capture.  Seems like (fingers crossed) we are getting into a somewhat normal precip regime and that is welcome.

10 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I must be losing my mind because I know I woke up and posted my rain total somewhere, supposedly in this thread.

Anyhoo, 0.84 last night.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

It's weird...I swear I posted my Davis total around 5am too, but I don't see it.

They aren't in the thunderstorm thread are they because I though I remembered seeing them too.

19 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I must be losing my mind because I know I woke up and posted my rain total somewhere, supposedly in this thread.

Anyhoo, 0.84 last night.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's weird...I swear I posted my Davis total around 5am too, but I don't see it.

Even the board knows it's pointless to post your rainfall totals when compared to powderfreak.

Archived