joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Pattern Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There may be a token hot day of 90-95 perhaps at the tarmacs..but being near the H5 trough doesn't exactly inspire true torches.

Yeah....every op run seems to have a day or two in the extended at some point where 18C will nose in with a W component before getting pinched off with a fropa. It just doesn't look like a pattern right now that Kev is looking for...ie days and days of 95/70.

Yeah....every op run seems to have a day or two in the extended at some point where 18C will nose in with a W component before getting pinched off with a fropa. It just doesn't look like a pattern right now that Kev is looking for...ie days and days of 95/70.

There doesn't appear to be outstanding heat like 95-100.. But weeks of upper 80's and low 90's with little cooling seems to be there on all ensembles

i dunno - i think it could be hotter. 

sorry, just looks that way to me.

i have not confidence in that euro solution.  it sprang up on us with 0 continuity, and just because the 00z came along with it, still isn't enough in my mind when looking at the balance of other indicators.  i REALLY need to see that inside D4 ...

one hint is that the other models that had that closed(ing) feature first, prior to the Euro, abandoned it and/or are showing horrible continuity on placement.  

i say there is a 50/50 shot that it even exists at this point, and if it does, a 50/50 shot at where to put the damn thing.

secondly, in-absentia the models are flirting with powering heights to monolithic proportions ... 598 to almost 600 DM just S of our latitude like that is not inspiring merely above normal either.  it's quite plausible actually to end up in something more than one day of 90-95 saddled in blasse 88's.  

or not... my point is, I don't think it "looks" outright banal as far as heat goes - not objectively.   We can argue for less...fine, but let's get real.  

i'm confident in the 88-92 like we've been discussing, but see room there for a lot more with very little wiggle room.

what's the long term precip chances look like? I'll take 80's, but some measurable precip at least once a week would be good.

Very dry pattern with little rain thru day 10. Some places may see none.

When you build the ridge and heat over the top there's no moisture transport unless something comes along in NW flow over the top

Very dry pattern with little rain thru day 10. Some places may see none.

When you build the ridge and heat over the top there's no moisture transport unless something comes along in NW flow over the top

So basically the DIT trifecta. Heater, dewy, drought. 

Two shoes are going to drop over the next 10-15 days. The CUTOFF next weekend fully happens. Euro all over it again. I bet the ensembles will show it now too. After the cutoff exits, a powerful vortex will dig rapidly SE out of Canada and park itself between New England and Atlantic Canada through the 4th of July and possibly beyond. Heat cancel for New England this summer. Period. This will transpire. Persistence will win. Change to hot regime is not happening for northeast.

Wall to wall heat once the Euro realizes there is no storm in the next few runs

Hate to be a hot weather party pooper but I do not see any sustainable model or pattern trends that

support a forecast of extended "hot" weather never mind a "torch pattern" prior to sometime in July? I do think there is decent potential for a short period of significantly warmer than normal temps; maybe a hot day or two tossed in, but not any newsworthy extended period of hot weather.

While I would be surprised if the euro's closed low verified as modeled on the operational, I think the

big take-away from the euro suite is that a footprint of Northeast troughing will remain and redevelop

from time to time over the next 2 or 3 weeks; it may not always mean unusual cooling, but it will likely

be sufficient hold back the truly hot regime off to our west or shunt it southward of New England. One to

three hot days over the next 1 to 3 weeks does not make a hot pattern.

Hate to be a hot weather party pooper but I do not see any sustainable model or pattern trends that

support a forecast of extended "hot" weather never mind a "torch pattern" prior to sometime in July? I do think there is decent potential for a short period of significantly warmer than normal temps; maybe a hot day or two tossed in, but not any newsworthy extended period of hot weather.

While I would be surprised if the euro's closed low verified as modeled on the operational, I think the

big take-away from the euro suite is that a footprint of Northeast troughing will remain and redevelop

from time to time over the next 2 or 3 weeks; it may not always mean unusual cooling, but it will likely

be sufficient hold back the truly hot regime off to our west or shunt it southward of New England. One to

three hot days over the next 1 to 3 weeks does not make a hot pattern.

We'll respectfully disagree. Once this trough lifts out later this week..it's coast to coast warmth including Canada. When there's LP near Hudson Bay and Canada is well AN..there's simply no mechanism for cooling. That's not to say a cool front doesn't come thru and knock temps back to normal for a day..but the heat would come roaring right back with no cold source region. Once these ridges build over the top.they like to set up shop. Sans July 2013

We'll respectfully disagree. Once this trough lifts out later this week..it's coast to coast warmth including Canada. When there's LP near Hudson Bay and Canada is well AN..there's simply no mechanism for cooling. That's not to say a cool front doesn't come thru and knock temps back to normal for a day..but the heat would come roaring right back with no cold source region. Once these ridges build over the top.they like to set up shop. Sans July 2013

It's seriously impossible to have an intelligent weather/meteorology discussion with you.

Archived