CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
May Banter

H2O

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still don't understand the thrill of risking your life. And to purposely do it, is even dumber.

A lot more people die skiing and playing football and such. Obv more people do that but it's less dangerous than it looks if you know what you are doing. Driving is the biggest risk by far.

Still don't understand the thrill of risking your life. And to purposely do it, is even dumber.

it can be done without any danger so easy on the judging.  Sure, some will push the boundaries.  I thought a couple that chased the Katie, OK tornado were being reckless but thats just me.  I'm not there, I've never chased.

I think Ian knows what he's doing.  He's a big boy.

You can do it relatively safely. You have to remember that line of sight in the plains is dozens of miles, while it is dozens of feet to the nearest tree/building here. The crazy ones are the people that purposely try to get really close due to the thrill or the chance to make a bit of money by selling a video.

I've never chased, so I won't pretend to know all of the dos/donts but it seems like instances of chasers being injured are when they just get too damn close. El Reno 2013 seems like a good example of that. Chasers that were killed (Twistex team) were just too close. Mike Bettes and the weather channel, while not seriously hurt, were all tossed off the road driving big SUVs. Again, too close. And, in the case of El Reno that was just a crazy storm......seemingly unpredictable throughout its duration. 

still dont understand the thrill of rooting for the Ravens, and to purposely do it, is even dumber.

see, it can be done for anything. 

A lot more people die skiing and playing football and such. Obv more people do that but it's less dangerous than it looks if you know what you are doing. Driving is the biggest risk by far.

You can do it relatively safely. You have to remember that line of sight in the plains is dozens of miles, while it is dozens of feet to the nearest tree/building here. The crazy ones are the people that purposely try to get really close due to the thrill or the chance to make a bit of money by selling a video.

Admittedly i know nothing about chasing, so i was more asking than criticizing anyone. Thank you guys for the explanation. Ian have a great, safe trip and enjoy yourself.

Ian is killing it this year. His Twitter feed of the chase incredible for second day in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

make sure you follow @ustornadoes too! 

..end of shameless plug... 

Archived