Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2016/2017 because its never too early

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That storm blew here. We got like 2 inches of snow and some sleet and then it poured 

I think you had almost 4". Believe it or not, we had mostly rain while 5 miles away at 4" of paste. Longitude was huge in this storm. No coastal front, but temps at 950 got toasty here while it was isothermal just to the W and NW. So your location and even into SE MA near Fall River benefited from longitude. Despite everyone trying to say how snowy I've had it (and it has been), that was a bad pork job here.

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think you had almost 4". Believe it or not, we had mostly rain while 5 miles away at 4" of paste. Longitude was huge in this storm. No coastal front, but temps at 950 got toasty here while it was isothermal just to the W and NW. So your location and even into SE MA near Fall River benefited from longitude. Despite everyone trying to say how snowy I've had it (and it has been), that was a bad pork job here.

You have more then made up for that loss in a large way

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I'm not trying to argue that or anything...just that it was quite the disappointment. 

Not saying you were arguing your point, But i think most can go back and find a system that was disappointing or several that had an overachieving/underachieving effect on the region especially when you end up missing them by 50 miles or less, I think those are the most frustrating of all, I'd rather miss by hundreds of miles.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not saying you were arguing your point, But i think most can go back and find a system that was disappointing or several that had an overachieving/underachieving effect on the region especially when you end up missing them by 50 miles or less, I think those are the most frustrating of all, I'd rather miss by hundreds of miles.

Or 10 miles. :lol:  Hopefully some Maine maulers for you this year.

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Good winter here..... Boxing Day and all of January were pretty good 

Once you got to about KGHG-KTAN and points NW it was good. Very sharp gradient. It wasn't a terrible winter on the Cape, but compared to 15 miles NW...I would have felt screwed over.

Archived