Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I FROZE this morning expecting temps not far from 50......patchy frost should not form around 48.

If I catch pneumonia due to my heat not being turned on because of a forecast who is responsible for my medical bills?

Maybe the American people will wake up one morning when their tomatoes are killed by a reckless forecast. 

What about the cats and dogs that were left outdoors because the forecast showed near 50 but 37 is animal abuse?

Sounds like your trailer needs a functional heater.

I have to move this Friday.  It's going to be really fun...  I have the utilities and all that set up, and just called about cable and internet today.  The lease starts on April 29th, so I am going to move my stuff down then and then return back on Sunday to come back to GSO for graduation and stuff.  I'll probably move down to Tallahassee for real closer to mid-May since I do not start my new job until May 23rd (turns out I did not need as much time as I thought I needed when I told them what day I would be available to start, but oh well).

I went ahead and changed my profile information.  Looks like it's 82 there and 78 here.  Scorture. :(

I have to move this Friday.  It's going to be really fun...  I have the utilities and all that set up, and just called about cable and internet today.  The lease starts on April 29th, so I am going to move my stuff down then and then return back on Sunday to come back to GSO for graduation and stuff.  I'll probably move down to Tallahassee for real closer to mid-May since I do not start my new job until May 23rd (turns out I did not need as much time as I thought I needed when I told them what day I would be available to start, but oh well).

I went ahead and changed my profile information.  Looks like it's 82 there and 78 here.  Scorture. :(

You will have more weather down there with tropical systems, daily thunderstorms, waterspouts. NC weather died years ago just a winter storm once a year tops.

Welcome!

You'll enjoy.

And if you quail hunt, the best is right north of you.

Weather - ahmmmm - from now until October you can pretty well forecast it in your sleep, barring a TS; but come November until March, it can be fun to watch up north and hope it slides down here ('cause it does happen sometimes!!!).

Welcome to the neighborhood!

I smashed my hand in a car door today.  It's basically limp and broken.  Black and blue doesn't even begin to describe how it looks.  One hand typing from now on.  I don't think it will get better.  Maybe infected and fall off?

You got your wishes.  You know who you are.  Wishing my hands fell off to keep me off these forums.  I have news for you.  If both hands fall off, I have a software program to type what I speak.

On a happier note, I stepped on my tomato plants last night trying to look at the stars.  I guess that's not happy, nvm.

Hope the rainy and cooler pattern change is wrong. It's time to enjoy being outside and the kids can't practice and play baseball if it rains.

But the severe weather has been really quite around here this spring. The only severe weather we had this year was back in February.

Hey Brickster. I was out your way yesterday. The Lowes Foods shopping center has exploded. New fire station too. Do not miss that traffic though.

Oh yeah. I moved to Wake Forest in 1987

I lived off N. Main street in the early to mid 90s. Huge changes in Wake Forest since then. Talking about traffic they're currently widening Capital at the South Main (Walmart) intersection. Then DOT has approved the NC-98 widening from 2 lanes to 4 lane from Wake Forest back to NC-50. So maybe traffic gets a little better; or maybe it just causes more folks to move in.   

I lived off N. Main street in the early to mid 90s. Huge changes in Wake Forest since then. Talking about traffic they're currently widening Capital at the South Main (Walmart) intersection. Then DOT has approved the NC-98 widening from 2 lanes to 4 lane from Wake Forest back to NC-50. So maybe traffic gets a little better; or maybe it just causes more folks to move in.   

Traffic does get tougher in Pittsboro on those Sat nights when Virlie's has a band and it could be a problem in Moncure next Saturday on a count of it being the fire deptartments 50th birthday and all.

Archived