• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter

mackerel_sky

Just came in from a most enjoyable mowing of my yard.  Last Wed I was on an operating table all afternoon while my cardiologist blasted areas inside my heart with ultra-high-frequency radio waves to attempt to stop the spurious electrical impulses that have been causing V-tach to the point where my defibrillator knocked the **** out of me.  Today was a better Wednesday.  Maybe the most perfect weather day of the year here. Or maybe it was just my noticing it more.   :)

Glad you are ok. Keys are in the mower, beer is in the barn fridge

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two questions. When can we get red tags on here and where is the best online college/university to get your meteorology degree?

The best met program is Iowa State University.

Hey you can get one of those spiffy orange tags now tho! 

I want a weather lawyer when will the American people wake up and demand reasonable forecasts??

I'm serious man, write your congressman. NOAA will not go to bat for you. Just email your gridded verification scores to your representative and heads will roll.  

I'm serious man, write your congressman. NOAA will not go to bat for you. Just email your gridded verification scores to your representative and heads will roll.  

Why is my congressman not getting a report card like parents do with their children in school? Who are the parents of the NWS? Do they not care when the grade goes from an A+ to a D-? What about when they receive an F where is the confidential meetings to correct this type of behavior does anyone care?!

As a tax payer I want to know the full name of the guy who made that forecast update yesterday evening in Blacksburg and his credentials and re-discuss his salary and or disciplinary actions including up to termination.

Lol.

As a taxpayer...I am my own boss! I want a raise. 

Why is my congressman not getting a report card like parents do with their children in school? Who are the parents of the NWS? Do they not care when the grade goes from an A+ to a D-? What about when they receive an F where is the confidential meetings to correct this type of behavior does anyone care?!

Eastern Region HQ gets all our public fcst verification scores. File a complaint with them. Congress gets periodic reports on our GPRA goals for POD/FAR/CSI for severe warnings and aviation products, etc.  

Maybe they're homeschooled. They don't have grades; it's just the effort that counts.

I FROZE this morning expecting temps not far from 50......patchy frost should not form around 48.

If I catch pneumonia due to my heat not being turned on because of a forecast who is responsible for my medical bills?

Maybe the American people will wake up one morning when their tomatoes are killed by a reckless forecast. 

What about the cats and dogs that were left outdoors because the forecast showed near 50 but 37 is animal abuse?

I FROZE this morning expecting temps not far from 50......patchy frost should not form around 48.

If I catch pneumonia due to my heat not being turned on because of a forecast who is responsible for my medical bills?

Maybe the American people will wake up one morning when their tomatoes are killed by a reckless forecast. 

Quit complaining and just calculate all your verification data including percent error, bias, and Heidke skill score showing 30/60/90 day averages for each fcst period, then send it up to ERH. They'd be glad to get the info. They may want to see your data and methods, however. 

Quit complaining and just calculate all your verification data including percent error, bias, and Heidke skill score showing 30/60/90 day averages for each fcst period, then send it up to ERH. They'd be glad to get the info. They may want to see your data and methods, however. 

Tax payers should not have to be a scientist as a parent shouldn't have to be a student to do others work for what should be self improvement. 

Tax payers should not have to be a scientist as a parent shouldn't have to be a student to do others work for self improvement. 

You just sound like your're at your wits end. I'm just suggesting an active and constructive solution. Otherwise, just file a complaint with your congressman. You'll still need good data for that tho, so I'm not sure what you can do really. 

You just sound like your're at your wits end. I'm just suggesting an active and constructive solution. Otherwise, just file a complaint with your congressman. You'll still need good data for that tho, so I'm not sure what you can do really. 

I bet there's a 99% chance the guy will never think twice he even missed the forecast coming back into work. No note will be left from any member of management. 

I bet there's a 99% chance the guy will never think twice he even missed the forecast coming back into work. No note will be left from any member of management. 

I bet you're right. I bet there isn't a a note when he/she gets the fcst right either. :(

If I was the boss I would *** on his family give him the boot out the door tell him to find a job like Mc Donalds where when he's wrong he will know immediately and it will be corrected right there and then.

"**** on his family"? Lol...what's that mean? For missing a low temp fcst? Are you out of coffee this morning? Seem a little cranky. 

Archived