joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a reason why Augusta and even areas South of Augusta are under a freeze warning and Atlanta isn't ? Even areas near Charleston are under a freeze watch.

The scores were frozen at Augusta yesterday ! Ugly day of golf yesterday! Scores should creep up today and tomorrow , with humidity in the teens and the strong winds. -2 or so may win the tournament

Well I will be in Hawaii in a few days for a couple of years and will no longer be apart of the SE forum. Maybe I get stationed in Alaska or someplace that gets interesting/fun weather when i finish my time in Hawaii. Anything that beats Waycross.

Well, the weather may not be particularly interesting (though I'd say there's some decent microclimates there), but at least it will be comfortable year-round!  It won't even be that hot there. :)

---

Anyways, I got an apartment in northern Tallahassee near I-10 a couple days ago (the lease starts April 29th, though I won't be moving down there permanently until I graduate in early- to mid-May), so I guess that increases my chances at receiving snow compared to the rest of the city.  So maybe my chances of seeing an accumulating snow increases from one-in-17 years to one-in-15? :lol:

Anyways, as to those who asked if I would be around anymore next winter, I enjoy the chase as much as the storm, so my initial thoughts would be that I will be around next winter, but we'll see.  I doubt I'll be around as much without the self-interest, however.

Not much snow falls in the SE anymore...even in the "capitol".  I think you should go to 20,000".  That's where all the action is!

Even in horrible winters...Boone will get more snow from Hurricane Sandy or thunder-snow in April than most locations in the South-East all winter. I'm going to do some LIVE video series and report back to yall.

Even in horrible winters...Boone will get more snow from Hurricane Sandy or thunder-snow in April than most locations in the South-East all winter. I'm going to do some LIVE video series and report back to yall.

I had my first winter up here this year. It was definitely better than back in the triad but I was disappointed due to my high expectations. Are you moving up here to go to App I'm guessing?

I had my first winter up here this year. It was definitely better than back in the triad but I was disappointed due to my high expectations. Are you moving up here to go to App I'm guessing?

Yes. I will have to manage my expectations as well...I expect every season will behave differently from the prior year. I miss the years between 2000 and 2010 roughly where they would have daily severe thunderstorm warnings in the summer while the Piedmont would stay hot and dry. We have been missing that for over 5 years and it seems like nobody even notices. Even up-slope snow is behaving differently in these later years. The weather is definitely evolving or in a different cycle for the mountains and foothills.

Hurricanes are not hitting the US at all recently and it's looking like it might take a tropical system to bring a widespread soaking rain to SC and NC. Drought is already showing signs of coming to the Carolinas in what should have be a very wet winter and spring.

Can't be any worse than the drought here in Hawaii. We are in moderate drought and have had less than an inch of rain this entire year. The big island has it the worst though.

Archived