joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 discussion/obs

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

81 here, so have a 40 degree diurnal temp range...also humidity at 16%.

I wonder when the last time was that NYC had a dewpoint in 20's when it was over 80 degrees?

This is much more common for the desert SW than the NE. The current obs are the same for

NYC and Gelndale, AZ.

GLENDALE AZ SUNNY... 81 23 12 

CENTRAL PARK SUNNY. 81 26 13 

40 degrees is a big spread in temperatures but common this time of year...1990 and 1962 had a max min of 91/51 on 4/27...May 19th 1962 had a max/min of 99/58...Days that had strong cold fronts pass mid day could have more than a 41 degree diurnal range in temps for a calendar day...

40 degrees is a big spread in temperatures but common this time of year...1990 and 1962 had a max min of 91/51 on 4/27...May 19th 1962 had a max/min of 99/58...Days that had strong cold fronts pass mid day could have more than a 41 degree diurnal range in temps for a calendar day...

What's the largest daily spread for NYC...if you can find it? I keep all kinds of stats for my station but that one I would have to work a little to find...gotta be around 45+ degrees I would think.

What's the largest daily spread for NYC...if you can find it? I keep all kinds of stats for my station but that one I would have to work a little to find...gotta be around 45+ degrees I would think.

I bet it's during the winter months...I'd have to look that one up...I've seen a fifty degree drop from an afternoon high to the next mornings low...

One of the driest starts to spring for NYC through April 19th. It will be interesting

to see if NYC can hold in the top ten or the pattern turns wetter in the second

half of spring. The last top ten driest season in NYC was back in the summer of 1999.

All these dry runs since then have reversed before we could make a top ten driest season.

The last drought warning for NYC water usage was in 2002. 

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/drinking_water/droughthist.shtml

Driest springs in NYC

1st   place   4.95

10th place   7.05

spring 2016 so far 2.33

One of the driest starts to spring for NYC through April 19th. It will be interesting

half of spring. The last top ten driest season in NYC was back in the summer of 1999.

All these dry runs since then have reversed before we could make a top ten driest season.

Driest springs in NYC

1st   place   4.95

10th place   7.05

spring 2016 so far 2.33

I assume you are talking Met spring?  (Mar, Apr, & May)

Driest springs in NYC

1st place 4.95

10th place 7.05

spring 2016 so far 2.33

I'm really curious how much precipitation (rain and water equivalent) we received in the winters of 1998-99 and 2001-02.

Archived