EXPECTING RAIN AND SNOW. THIS WILL LIMIT SNOWFALL AMOUNTS AND IS THE

REASON THIS AREA WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ADVISORY. FREEZING RAIN

AND SLEET ARE NOT EXPECTED AS SATURATED SOUNDINGS WARM THROUGH THE

LOWER LEVELS LEADING TO ALL RAIN. 

I was wondering why I wasn't included.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the NAM, RGEM, and GFS at 00z have dried the crap out of this system, at least over Iowa.  The morning runs had 0.20-0.40", but the evening runs are down to only 0.05-0.07".  I don't understand how the models can be so confused about the amount of moisture available.

It has been snowing for the last hour, but it has had some trouble sticking to the pavement.

So the NAM, RGEM, and GFS at 00z have dried the crap out of this system, at least over Iowa.  The morning runs had 0.20-0.40", but the evening runs are down to only 0.05-0.07".  I don't understand how the models can be so confused about the amount of moisture available.

It has been snowing for the last hour, but it has had some trouble sticking to the pavement.

:yikes:

Snowing decently here in southeast Naperville. Based off fact that dry air was overcome fairly easily and radar trends, thinking this will perform fairly close to expectations when I worked on forecast with public desk today.

Despite the variances in model qpf, they all consistently held with bringing across 2-2.5 g/kg 700 mb or 750-700 mb mixing ratios. Garcia method from that yields max amounts up to 4" or so, which still seems most likely to occur out farther west in the CWA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Snowing decently here in southeast Naperville. Based off fact that dry air was overcome fairly easily and radar trends, thinking this will perform fairly close to expectations when I worked on forecast with public desk today.

Despite the variances in model qpf, they all consistently held with bringing across 2-2.5 g/kg 700 mb or 750-700 mb mixing ratios. Garcia method from that yields max amounts up to 4" or so, which still seems most likely to occur out farther west in the CWA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2015-2016 wins again lol. Wasn't thinking this would be a big event - our official forecast yesterday only had 1-3" in most of the metro, 2-4" farther west near I-80/88. Was only focusing on snow impacts to the commute with the WWA that had been issued and that was conveyed in AFD and social media. Still certainly didn't expect the snow to largely be winding down already and that will result in lower totals than forecast and took away justification for why we and DVN had issued an advisory. Bring on the warmth next week.

had dreams of a 3" stack of hotcakes and sides of bacon and sausage in the forecast for tomorrow nights dinner..  Woke up to the reality I can't have Gluten and it's the winter of 15/16.  At least I'll have Bacon>Snow

2-3" was the early call from NWS when i went to bed. Woke up to - up to 1"  How low can we go.

had dreams of a 3" stack of hotcakes and sides of bacon and sausage in the forecast for tomorrow nights dinner.. Woke up to the reality I can't have Gluten and it's the winter of 15/16. At least I'll have Bacon>Snow

2-3" was the early call from NWS when i went to bed. Woke up to - up to 1" How low can we go.

Didn't you just get a good snow a couple days ago lol

Archived