• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2-5 Combo Platter Special

Hoosier

Progressive system with a well defined back edge moving into far NW IL. Also having to overcome dry air, so there's been lots of virga. It'll snow hard for a bit given the intensity of the echoes developing on KMKX, but doubt it will last long enough for widespread 1" amounts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bet it's not the last. Btw....appreciate your insight.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing heavily in the last 10 minutes. Looks like about an inch now.

Man you guys dominate up there.  You have us beat by over 2 feet of snow for the winter.  Wow.  

Our 5-7 minute burst of snow earlier was fairly entertaining at least.  It came close to snowing moderately just before it shut off.  Nothing stuck though, as temps were in the mid 30s.  Hopefully that's the last "snow" of the season.

Waukegan simply dominates no matter how awful the winter is.  If next year delivers a strong nina they have a shot at 90-130".

I think I have bested geos in a storm approximately once, haha.

It has something to do with the prevailing storm tracks in the last several winters. Chicago beat me out only once in seasonal snowfall two winters ago. As far as I can remember.

Same here. Since the start of 2014, I think I have bested Geos two times, maybe three, and that includes nuisance events. Keep in mind, I'm 50 miles north of him.

Back in the day Milwaukee and Madison were the hot spots, especially Madison. Now that streak has ended. It's weird how that works out. I have the advantage of the lake, but this winter the lake really hasn't contributed that much - except in November.

Archived