• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
NCSNOW

Valentine's Day Storm Obs

Highway patrol is telling people to stay home in the Triangle and there are wrecks all over the place because of ice.

http://wral.com/15368964

I'm staying home at least until noon; maybe all day. Had a friend at work (down in Raleigh) email and said he got on the road to go to work and immediately started sliding. He turn around and went home.

Haven't kept up with the latest models. Someone said the low track shifted south. Is it still suppose to warm up before the main batch? I have 0 precip so far.

Just came back from a walk, close to 2" of fluffy snow in the neighborhood and it's still coming down moderately without mixing. 

20 miles to the NW temps are still in low 20s, I hate the Atlantic.

Doesn't look like much happened in south Durham, tiny patches of accumulation on a few roofs nearby. But on the other hand, there are traffic accidents all over the incident maps and Durham co schools are closed for the day. 

About 2 inches of accumulation snow and sleet overnight. 

Currently, sleet mixed with zr. 23.

Thought I might be far enough north to hang with the snow a little longer. No such luck. Now I pray for more sleet than zr till the wedge breaks, which might be awhile.

Wish I had been wrong about the ice storm. Widespread power outages look probable.

CUrrently getting a heavy sleet band. Looks to be the norm most of the day until we switch to zr. Temp here is currently 22.

19/17 with Snow/Sleet mix. Those sleet pellets are pretty big too.

I woke up at 3:30am and we were still all snow, then woke up at 8:00am and we were at a mix. Went out amd measured 4.1" after who knows how much compaction. Probably closer to 4.5" if I had measured before the sleet.

Now we wait. NWS says I get up to 32 today after saying 31 yesterday. Have a long way to go, but we'll see. Looks like we're right on the southern edge of the precip stream.