• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]
NCSNOW

Valentine's Day Storm Obs

Temp just dropped a degree. Sitting at 24 and cloudy.

Guess we're not making it to 30. Looks like every model is a few degrees too warm, as usual with CAD events. This could make things interesting down the line.

Guess we're not making it to 30. Looks like every model is a few degrees too warm, as usual with CAD events. This could make things interesting down the line.

Let's see how it evolves as the main batches start tomorrow in...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

34, clouds breaking up, any hope of a miracle is over! Will be touching 40 in a few hours, temps won't drop at all tonight and be at 34 tomorrow afternoon /evening , when brunt of precip is arriving! :(

It says 26 on your profile. :huh: 

If these first few flakes made it to the surface with 0 dps then that tells me this has to be a very shallow artic airmass we are under. Allan use to get plane reports and could tell but if it's real shallow the it can be eroded quicker top down as well as along the edges latter on Monday. Just a thought

If these first few flakes made it to the surface with 0 dps then that tells me this has to be a very shallow artic airmass we are under. Allan use to get plane reports and could tell but if it's real shallow the it can be eroded quicker top down as well as along the edges latter on Monday. Just a thought

Looks like we're well below freezing throughout the column at the moment.

(This is the 12z NAM hr 6 forecast, so not perfect.)

iens7l.gif

Mack's right. Mine is reporting 33* Most in this zip are right at 34 and one saying 35*. 

I know there is virga all over CLT but is any of that hitting the ground? Looks like a good sized swath of snow over central NC on the radar. All the way down to the NC/SC border.