e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might some, and there is some dry air to overcome, but it doesn't sound like virga is a huge problem to the west, so we'll see.  I would think a few inches at least.  Let's see if we can have our greatest snowfall of the season... kind of a low bar.

But yes, this is just the clipper.  The rain event is with the bigger storm tomorrow-tomorrow night.

how many times have we seen those nice green 30dbz returns dry up as they enter Franklin County?   Things juicing up nicely across central IN....so we'll see.

Really tough one for parts of central and eastern OH. Temps will rise a few degrees above freezing at least tomorrow afternoon...and the storm starts wrapping up as it pulls away. You'll need dynamic cooling and/or the low wrapping up and pulling in colder air for a flip to accumulating snow tomorrow night. I'm thinking this occurs in a narrow zone somewhere in mainly eastern OH for a few or several hours and produces up to a few inches of snow. This zone looks to setup SE of CLE but it could be close.

how many times have we seen those nice green 30dbz returns dry up as they enter Franklin County?   Things juicing up nicely across central IN....so we'll see.

If it helps, we moistened up fast here :)  But I think our dew's were a few degrees higher to begin with.  Either way, seems like dry air is not having a seriously damaging effect so far.

Really tough one for parts of central and eastern OH. Temps will rise a few degrees above freezing at least tomorrow afternoon...and the storm starts wrapping up as it pulls away. You'll need dynamic cooling and/or the low wrapping up and pulling in colder air for a flip to accumulating snow tomorrow night. I'm thinking this occurs in a narrow zone somewhere in mainly eastern OH for a few or several hours and produces up to a few inches of snow. This zone looks to setup SE of CLE but it could be close.

Definitely agree.  I think it will have to be some dynamic cooling unless the low ends up much stronger.  With the next system coming in so fast there will be little CAA.  There should end up being a strip of a few inches east of Cincinnati (like 3 counties east) but the signal is better for the Cbus east siders.  Could be several inches up that way if it can time out just right!!

WSW issued. Mentions possibility of sleet.

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGHTUESDAY EVENING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORMWATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAYEVENING.* LOCATIONS...NIAGARA...ORLEANS...ERIE...GENESEE...WYOMING...  CHAUTAUQUA...AND CATTARAUGUS COUNTIES.* TIMING...FROM EARLY MONDAY EVENING THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY  EVENING.* HAZARDS...HEAVY SNOW POSSIBLY MIXED WITH SLEET.* ACCUMULATIONS...7 TO 13 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE.* WINDS...SOUTHEAST 10 TO 20 MPH.* VISIBILITIES...LESS THAN A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES.* IMPACTS...HEAVY SNOW MAY RESULT IN VERY DIFFICULT TRAVEL  CONDITIONS. THE WORST TRAVEL CONDITIONS MAY OCCUR AROUND THE  TIME OF THE TUESDAY MORNING COMMUTE.* FORECASTER CONFIDENCE...MEDIUM. THERE REMAINS SOME UNCERTAINTY  WITH RESPECT TO THE EXACT STORM TRACK WHICH WILL INFLUENCE THE  PLACEMENT AND TIMING OF THE HEAVIEST SNOW.

Archived