e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's a bad set up in a what's been a terrible winter. But bad is better than terrible, so I'm in until all the models either show a whiff, and if they don't, then I'm in until the radar turns green. I mean c'mon, it's not like it's been a banner winter and we've earned the right to snub our noses at this. :drunk:

I won't say I don't have hope :) But my actual forecast is not at all reflective of my hope.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

0z Euro remains remarkably consistent overall, although it is slightly weaker and southeast compared to 12z.  My thoughts remain unchanged.  The main event Monday will be rain for Cincinnati and Columbus.  Counties to the east of both cities may get a little inch or two of slop if temps drop fast enough before precip exists.

30 euro ENS members have at least 2" of snow for the GTA. I think a small hit is becoming more likely.

11 members have 6"+ bringing the mean to ~4" assuming a 10:1 ratio.

SREF mean up to 3.5". SREFs and GEFs seem pretty amped up overall. 

Everything seems to be falling into place except the EURO and UKIE all of a suddenly semi-bailed on this. So my confidence level remains low.

SREF mean up to 3.5". SREFs and GEFs seem pretty amped up overall.

Everything seems to be falling into place except the EURO and UKIE all of a suddenly semi-bailed on this. So my confidence level remains low.

The 9z SREF has 1.10" liquid but only 2.5" of snow which is a bit weird. It wouldn't surprise me if the euro struggles now that we're within 84 hours as there is a lot of mesoscale action to be sorted out. The EPS mean has been improving steadily so that is a good sign.

The 9z SREF has 1.10" liquid but only 2.5" of snow which is a bit weird. It wouldn't surprise me if the euro struggles now that we're within 84 hours as there is a lot of mesoscale action to be sorted out. The EPS mean has been improving steadily so that is a good sign.

Lol I think if you look at the p-type chart you'll get your answer. The juicier SREF members turn us to rain. :lol:

Well...let's see how the 12z suite unfolds.

The trailing s/w looks further back as well.

Pretty apparent by 36 we're going to have an amped up run. Kicker is closing in fast....hopefully it doesn't mess things up too much.

edit: not quite there but a trend in the right direction. Wonder if the kicker might actually phase and we bomb. Kinda looks that way at 54.

The silence in this thread today is ominous. :underthewx:

yea, it basically boils down to waiting to see how much white we can salvage after the green....and even then the warm up cometh anyways.   What an incredibly in your face winter for us CMH'ers.     As we shiver in single digits, we finally are staring down the barrel of a traditionally beautiful winterstorm track and we will end up predominantly rain.   Now the only thing that could happen that would make this an even worse winter would be a slow, agonizing end to it.  Cloudy cold rain and slop til May  :axe:

yea, it basically boils down to waiting to see how much white we can salvage after the green....and even then the warm up cometh anyways.   What an incredibly in your face winter for us CMH'ers.     As we shiver in single digits, we finally are staring down the barrel of a traditionally beautiful winterstorm track and we will end up predominantly rain.   Now the only thing that could happen that would make this an even worse winter would be a slow, agonizing end to it.  Cloudy cold rain and slop til May  :axe:

The forecast isn't *quite* as bad as yesterday.  Perhaps 2-4" by Monday morning before the changeover, and then back to snow Monday night through Tuesday.  That is a change from little to no accumulation today and tonight and then rain through Tuesday like it was yesterday.  It sucks that the main part is going to be rain, but you have to take what you can get this winter.  We'll at least *potentially* surpass the seasonal total of 2011-2012 and 2005-2006 and 2001-2002.  That's something, right?  Right??? :cry:

Archived