• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

Yep, me too.  I think the clipper mostly dries up by the time it gets here, and the coastal forms too far south and east of us to give us anything.  It's the perfect, typical, CMH solution.

I have no doubt we'll get screwed, I'm just not certain whether it's precip-type issues or a miss southeast.   The euro op, eps, and control are pretty steadfast on the western track, as is the ukie.     I'd tend to bet on that team vs. the gfs/ggem.   JMHO.    NAM is still the farthest east and weak, but even it is creeping nw.    

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100%. No reason to get hyped up unless we get some serious s/w slowdown. Without some phasing farther south, even further west solutions are a sloppy mess.

the euro control has a 983 on the eastern panhandle of WV.  It reminded me of that map I posted of the ukie a few days back showing a 987 in WV for the same timeframe.    Even with that depiction, the real snow doesn't kick in until about Youngstown on northeast.

the euro control has a 983 on the eastern panhandle of WV.  It reminded me of that map I posted of the ukie a few days back showing a 987 in WV for the same timeframe.    Even with that depiction, the real snow doesn't kick in until about Youngstown on northeast.

I know you posted map earlier, but would you agree Euro showed about 4-6 for central Ohio, give or take?

If so, WE WOULD ALL TAKE THAT AND RUN THIS WINTER!!!! LOL

the difference between the gfs and the euro around the 90 hour time frame is unreal.   One of those models is stinking up the place bad....question is which one.

Even comparing the 18z GFS to the 12z GFS at 90 it's a huge difference. No amplification of the southern s/w whatsoever. Just a broad, flat trough. That's a big continuity change and I'd probably toss this run as an outlier.

In the old days the answer to your question would be obvious :lol: ...but EURO ain't the king anymore. That being said, I think this is the one off "lose the storm" run for the GFS.

The amped models are more amped(Euro,UKMET)

While the prog models are gonna prog(GFS,GGEM)

Won't be until Monday until this thing gets fully on shore.

meh, we'll know well before that.   One of the teams is going to crack and it will probably happen in the next couple model runs.   Usually when you have one side amping and the other progressive, the progressive side ends up closer to the correct solution.   If the ggem starts cranking in tonights run, then I'd say game over for the gfs/nam team.   OTOH, if the ukie goes flat tonight, then chances are strong the euro follows and the gfs wins.

We need to figure out how to make a betting board with all this stuff... :pimp:

meh, we'll know well before that.   One of the teams is going to crack and it will probably happen in the next couple model runs.   Usually when you have one side amping and the other progressive, the progressive side ends up closer to the correct solution.   If the ggem starts cranking in tonights run, then I'd say game over for the gfs/nam team.   OTOH, if the ukie goes flat tonight, then chances are strong the euro follows and the gfs wins.

We need to figure out how to make a betting board with all this stuff... :pimp:

Uh, my money would be on the Euro...we have seen it time and time again...the NA models capitulate to the Euro, rarely the other way around.....the GFS can't find any consistency from run to run right now. obviously we need to get a the artic air in place this weekend and a better sampling of the other elements which are players and obviously that's not going to be until late Sat/Sun before this is resolved...until then, it's all speculation...but again, I'd ride with the general direction of the "king" if I had to put money on it.

It's entertaining to read the Mid-Atlantic forum on this event and then come back over here..no one is happy! I think there is some twisted, sadistic addictive elements to this hobby of mine....I feel everyone's pain....of course those folks got their bomb 3 weeks ago. We just get screwed over and over again...there I go again. 

NCEP has got to do something that increases GFS forecast effectiveness in the eastern US. Why? Because of days like this. The Euro and UKMET seem to have a good read on winter storms and/or storms near the coast, (at any time of year,) and the GFS seems wacky. Of course, I'm not sure what this storm will do-  hoping the central OH people get some winter fun out of it.

Archived