12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00z Euro 78 hour forecast. If the 00z Euro is to be taken seriously, then the areas that I have highlighted in white should be snow. The sleet/freezing rain (if any) would be near that 5400m line. The threat of an ice storm is still out there for the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Now, of course, the GFS and other models need to be taken into account also. This is a forecast predicts some snow in Columbus to Youngstown, at temperatures close to freezing.

qhB0luR.png

6z GFS now back to a weaker southern stream system, instead emphasizing the kicker clipper around 102.

I'm wondering if the EURO might end up getting embarrassed on this one. Its track has been pretty consistent but it's been trending weaker with its storm. Plus, I've noticed the GEFs gradually trending away from the deeper Apps runners a lot of the members had.

not even sure what to think about this one...   The euro is actually not that far off from the nam, it's just stronger and brings the precip further nw.     Now it boils down to which way the final trends set up.    As of right now I'd rather be near the Ohio river for this one than columbus...yet again....  Last minute NW trends no longer seem to exist 

Looking at that euro map above.   Considering how weak the nam is with it's depiction, if it had that same lp strength and placement, it would probably be driving the precip to detroit and we'd have rain

not even sure what to think about this one...   The euro is actually not that far off from the nam, it's just stronger and brings the precip further nw.     Now it boils down to which way the final trends set up.    As of right now I'd rather be near the Ohio river for this one than columbus...yet again....  Last minute NW trends no longer seem to exist 

Looking at that euro map above.   Considering how weak the nam is with it's depiction, if it had that same lp strength and placement, it would probably be driving the precip to detroit and we'd have rain

This was a true thread-the-needle event. It initial speed/location of the s/w argue against a deep storm tracking along/west of the Mountains. It's just that the UKIE and a few EURO runs amplified it so rapidly it was able to make a tight left turn and start to go sub 985. It would have to go neg tilt at the precise right time for this to work out well for us...I'm not willing to put money on that.

Yeah, SE OHIO is probably in the best spot. I'll wait for the full 12z suite and the release the towel.

This was a true thread-the-needle event. It initial speed/location of the s/w argue against a deep storm tracking along/west of the Mountains. It's just that the UKIE and a few EURO runs amplified it so rapidly it was able to make a tight left turn and start to go sub 985. It would have to go neg tilt at the precise right time for this to work out well for us...I'm not willing to put money on that.

Yeah, SE OHIO is probably in the best spot. I'll wait for the full 12z suite and the release the towel.

I think it's over at this point. 12z GFS is a disaster.

the ukie at 72 hours.     Best I could tell from the maps between it and the ggem...the reason it is so much stronger with the storm to the south is that it is way weaker with the clipper coming in from the nw.   It allows it to amplify much more.

the chances of the uk scoring a coupe aren't exactly strong.

post-622-0-72332600-1455382848_thumb.jpg

the ukie at 72 hours. Best I could tell from the maps between it and the ggem...the reason it is so much stronger with the storm to the south is that it is way weaker with the clipper coming in from the nw. It allows it to amplify much more.

Well it does have support form the EURO.

talk about threading a needle. We are between the nw precip cut off and warm 850's. Sweet spot according to the euro is about one county se of us.

Amazing consistency with the last 3 euro runs, except for some tiny blips either way.

As far as low track and placement.... 1002 to WV

Crazy!!

Crazy!!

The euro taking this kind of consistency inside of 72 hours is hard to write off.    More likely we start seeing the ncep brothers and the ggem start coming nw.... as well as uncle ukie start sobering up a little bit.   

Still looks like a sloppy storm for us, but that's the best we gonna get this winter

Drool over the UKIE. Does it still have the best H5 scores of any of the models? :whistle:

Still surprised that it, and to a lesser extent the EURO, haven't budged. Should have full sampling of the main wave by 0z. The kicker clipper won't be fully ashore until probably 0z tomorrow (maybe even later) so mysteries may still abound.

My excitement is tempered by the fact that virtually all the GEFs have lost anything that resembles what the Ukie is dishing out. IIRC, about 5-6 runs ago, there were about half depicting something similar.

the ukie at 72 hours.     Best I could tell from the maps between it and the ggem...the reason it is so much stronger with the storm to the south is that it is way weaker with the clipper coming in from the nw.   It allows it to amplify much more.

That freaking thing is so annoying. Lose it and we could actually be talking about something big here.

Drool over the UKIE. Does it still have the best H5 scores of any of the models? :whistle:

Still surprised that it, and to a lesser extent the EURO, haven't budged. Should have full sampling of the main wave by 0z. The kicker clipper won't be fully ashore until probably 0z tomorrow so mysteries may still abound.

My excitement is tempered by the fact that virtually all the GEFs have lost anything that resembles what the Ukie is dishing out. IIRC, about 5-6 runs ago, there were about half depicting something similar.

D'Aleo has a good video explaining why the different camps.  Basically if one strong system comes into the nw, you have the euro/uk win,  if it comes in as 2 pieces, the gfs/nam/ggem win.   So, the usual 'poor sampling' is the reason.  Thinks models will have a closer consensus tonight.

Archived