joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Apps runners. There's so few analogs. Makes you realize how improbable it is.

When they do happen--they are definitely appreciated around here. 12z ensembles all over the place but appears that the OP models moved in the right direction today.

What's it look like through Ohio?

6"+ for Dayton/Columbus. 1ft+ for Cleveland assuming the snow algorithm is correct.

When they do happen--they are definitely appreciated around here. 12z ensembles all over the place but appears that the OP models moved in the right direction today.

6"+ for Dayton/Columbus. 1ft+ for Cleveland assuming the snow algorithm is correct.

sounds like some mixing issues around cmh?    18z gfs actually starts as rain here and then turns over as the low starts pulling east.  The euro did the same thing but the euro took the storm north so we stayed in the precip long enough to get a lot of snow.  The gfs pulls the low east of us and thus precip cuts off pretty quickly after we change to snow.

Point is, lots of issues to work through on this one....but keeps it interesting I guess

We're due.

I can think of more retrograding coastal/inland runner storms that dumped on us (December 1992, March 2001, November 2002, December 2014) than true Apps runners. March 2008...and that's about it. The February 1984 blizzard looked like an Apps runner per the NARR page on EWALL. So two in the last 30 years.

edit: Maybe you can add December 2004 to that list, if we're using a generous definition of "Apps runner".

Ok. But 12z EURO has close to 2" of QPF for us. Looks like <1/2" for SE MI near the St. Clair/Detroit River. That's generous of you to cede that much juice to me. :lol:

The problem is for us to split the difference and lets say SEMI gets 1.2" liquid, your area would more than likely be mixing/rain. I'll take what I can get on this one and be happy since Hillsdale killed the clipper for SEMI.

Archived