• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

We do this or root for it to get stronger and stronger so we at least salvage something. The way this winter is going I am going to say it will weaken, but still not help us here. Athens, OH will still wind up with 8 inches from this storm though. LOL!!!

yea I'm probably beating a dead horse with a dead pony lol.    But I agree, this one looks like possibly another Ohio river special.   Absolutely incredible year for the eastern Ohio river valley.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS definitely west.

0z SLP was from Texarkana to Virginia Beach.

12z SLP Texarkana to DC.

ggem also trended stronger and further west.   Nice hit for the se half of OH.  The trend is good news.  But a little worrisome on both the gfs and ggem that there isn't a lot of cold sector precip.

Sad thing is the models have also been trending more ragged with the northern stream portion of the storm. QPF around here keeps getting lighter. At one point it looked like a nice "plan-B" in case a bigger storm failed to develop.

btw...the squall in your avatar...what event is that from? December 2013?

Remember what I said about how this winter is finding ways to NOT snow.

What's weird about it?

at 120 it has two low centers, one in WV and the other in NC, I'm not sure if it's trying to redevelop on the coast but it all ends up as a strong low in nc PA.

probably important to note the euro shifted 300 miles with the snow axis in one model run.  Either it sniffed out something or was sniffing something.

at 120 it has two low centers, one in WV and the other in NC, I'm not sure if it's trying to redevelop on the coast but it all ends up as a strong low in nc PA.

probably important to note the euro shifted 300 miles with the snow axis in one model run.  Either it sniffed out something or was sniffing something.

My guess is it sniffed out something. With no blocking to the north, a stronger storm would have no troubles coming more northwest.

My guess is it sniffed out something. With no blocking to the north, a stronger storm would have no troubles coming more northwest.

It might be overdoing it though.   Wouldn't be surprised to see the eps southeast.   The 500 looks identical to the ggem, the main difference is the euro shifts the northeast high out a little faster.

Archived