EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be interesting to see what EC does with the afternoon update. I'm guessing they upgrade Niagara and Northumberland County up to the Ottawa Valley to a warning and then expand a SWS further west to include the GTA/Hamilton up to around Peterborough. I doubt they issue a watch further west this late in the game.

Radar hallucinations suggest that the heavier stuff is starting to build north towards Louisville.  If it can make it that far north, I think the 71 corridor eventually makes it into the decent returns.  The final questions would be for how long and what would be the precip type. 

:lol:

I'm busy weenieing out on the sfc low. Down to 1006mb over E MS.

Radar hallucinations suggest that the heavier stuff is starting to build north towards Louisville.  If it can make it that far north, I think the 71 corridor eventually makes it into the decent returns.  The final questions would be for how long and what would be the precip type. 

euro never gets the .10 qpf line north of the Ohio river into IN.   That'll be another benchmark to watch for.

ILN goes WWA for counties along and east of 71 in Central Ohio and east of 71 in SW/S Ohio. Calls for 3-4" which seems reasonable. Hoping for greater trends though.

surprised they didn't go for warnings east of  the i-71 counties.  If CMH gets 3 or 4", chances are very good that places in Licking and Fairfield are going to better than that.   Unless they believe there will be more mixing in those counties.

surprised they didn't go for warnings east of  the i-71 counties.  If CMH gets 3 or 4", chances are very good that places in Licking and Fairfield are going to better than that.   Unless they believe there will be more mixing in those counties.

Just looked further and there are 3 versions. 1-3" for Delware and other fringe counties. 3-4" for Franklin, Pickaway, Fairfield, and Ross. Then Licking gets their own for 4-5".

Going to bump up, and lock in a final call for Toronto of 4-6". Getting very good agreement between the NAM/SREFs/RAP and RGEM with about 1/2" of QPF. Obviously, small changes in the track of this storm, as well as if any kind of banding features setup under the mid level low, will make a difference in amounts. But won't really start to get a feel for that until we're underway.

Looking good for some of you guys.

acckucherasnowma.png

Will be interesting if the HRRR can pull off those amounts above. Would be epic for Toronto and Cleveland.

Love how the 6" line is on a B-line for Toronto and scoots to the east just in time to avoid us, only to rejoin its original trajectory to the north. That's how we roll :lol:

HRRR had some support early with the RAP but that's starting to fade. I doubt it verifies but I'll take a moderate event no prob.

Love how the 6" line is on a B-line for Toronto and scoots to the east just in time to avoid us, only to rejoin its original trajectory to the north. That's how we roll :lol:

HRRR had some support early with the RAP but that's starting to fade. I doubt it verifies but I'll take a moderate event no prob.

time to shut down the models and fire up the radar....good luck to all

Archived