• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

yea the short range models aren't getting any respect. PIT issued an advisory for Muskingum County for 2-4"???

I fully expect a 6"+ swath down down to my latitude, just not sure how far west or east. Temps start marginal but a very robust warm conveyor belt running into a well-defined deform zone for several hours should flip places to snow and let it pound for a good 6 hours or so.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to bump up, and lock in a final call for Toronto of 4-6". Getting very good agreement between the NAM/SREFs/RAP and RGEM with about 1/2" of QPF. Obviously, small changes in the track of this storm, as well as if any kind of banding features setup under the mid level low, will make a difference in amounts. But won't really start to get a feel for that until we're underway.

Wow, I'm up in Ottawa for the day, away from this board and come back to a moderate storm potential. I'm thinking 4" at the moment for my back yard. Ottawa looks set to be hammered!

CLE party-poopers

&&

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM TUESDAY MORNING/...
LOW PRESSURE CURRENTLY CENTRAL ALABAMA WITH HEIGHT FALLS CENTERED
OVER NORTH CAROLINA. MODELS TRACK THE LOW ACROSS WESTERN NORTH
CAROLINA BY 06Z AND INTO EASTERN WV BY DAYBREAK TUESDAY. JUDGING
FROM THE 18Z 6 HOURS QPF...BOTH THE NAM AND GFS HAS THE HIGHEST
QPF TOO FAR NORTH INTO THE COLDER AIR. LEANED TOWARD THE ECMWF
FOR THE QPF FORECAST.

Going to bump up, and lock in a final call for Toronto of 4-6". Getting very good agreement between the NAM/SREFs/RAP and RGEM with about 1/2" of QPF. Obviously, small changes in the track of this storm, as well as if any kind of banding features setup under the mid level low, will make a difference in amounts. But won't really start to get a feel for that until we're underway.

Not liking your call right now canuk. Models continue to slip east and the latest RGEM just came in more east. Perhaps a 2-4" call is more appropriate for this system.

Not liking your call right now canuk. Models continue to slip east and the latest RGEM just came in more east. Perhaps a 2-4" call is more appropriate for this system.

RGEM is the only model that slipped east. NAM came west and is handling the surface development of the low along the Gulf coast perfectly. The hi res, ultra short-term models which were ridiculously far west are coming back to reality but still show 4-6" at least.

RGEM is the only model that slipped east. NAM came west and is handling the surface development of the low along the Gulf coast perfectly. The hi res, ultra short-term models which were ridiculously far west are coming back to reality but still show 4-6" at least.

I am worried about the EURO though. I know short range models are the way to go right now but still have a bit of an uneasy feeling with this one. Hope you're right though.

Archived