joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely, if this had been a cold storm we would have done well.  Marginal temps and the heavy snow never really locking in for long periods hurt accums.   When I went to bed the radar looked awesome but the snow was light.    Hard to tell how much but I'd guess between 2 and 3.   Roads are now just wet.   I can't believe they cancelled school in Westerville!      Probably want to use up some of those snow days they haven't had an opportunity to.

That's a shame to hear you guys didn't score, the track of this system was almost perfect for your area. The band of good snow was so narrow. I spent most of the evening getting sleet, then after about 10pm it was pretty much just plain rain at 32.7 degrees. Had it been a colder storm with a little better upper level support we could have much better utilized the potential.

That's a shame to hear you guys didn't score, the track of this system was almost perfect for your area. The band of good snow was so narrow. I spent most of the evening getting sleet, then after about 10pm it was pretty much just plain rain at 32.7 degrees. Had it been a colder storm with a little better upper level support we could have much better utilized the potential.

I was surprised to read that places to my east that went over to snow, went back over to rain.   That says a lot about the failed dynamics of this system.    But other than the blizzard that missed to the south and east, almost every storm this season has been a cluster of some sort.   There have been very few if any systems with the classic arctic high to the n/nw and a strong storm coming up from the south.  It seems every storm has a fly in the ointment.  In this case, the low pressure system to the west.

I was surprised to read that places to my east that went over to snow, went back over to rain.   That says a lot about the failed dynamics of this system.    But other than the blizzard that missed to the south and east, almost every storm this season has been a cluster of some sort.   There have been very few if any systems with the classic arctic high to the n/nw and a strong storm coming up from the south.  It seems every storm has a fly in the ointment.  In this case, the low pressure system to the west.

How'd you do?

Steady snow continues to fall in downtown Toronto. I'd say 2.5" has fallen so far and radar is looking good for a couple of more hours of light to moderate snow.

About to go for a Jeb walk. It may only add up to 4 or 5 inches, but in 2015-16...it's worth it.

3.1" here as of 11:25...so about 0.9" additional in the last two hours. Not great rates but ok.

CMH officially recorded 0.5" snow as of midnight, with 0.22" liquid. There was some rain, but still a very low ratio. I think I saw the airport's official total at 3.3", so liquid content should be between .50-.60". Oh what could have been.

gotta give props to ILN, they nailed this one.   For future reference, the nam was too far east with the precip, (totally whiffing us inside of 24 hours), even the gfs wasn't that much better.   Euro did very well.

Looks like about 4" here. Already settled a bit. If only it were actually cold... Still, best so far this winter for me. Might have to go for a walk and take some pics later, since something tells me this is probably our "big snow" for this winter.

Looks like about 4" here. Already settled a bit. If only it were actually cold... Still, best so far this winter for me. Might have to go for a walk and take some pics later, since something tells me this is probably our "big snow" for this winter.

this may have been our best on paper.... but the best one was the clipper awhile back.  The official at CMH was about half of what I got in mby for that, and it was a colder storm with better 'quality' snow. 

A little over half an inch in Athens. The roads were completely covered in ice until the plows got out and plowed/threw some salt down.

Wow, huge HRRR bust for you. Not that it should have been considered reliable anyways. But it was consistent with showing heavy snow setting up close to the river for many runs last night.

gotta give props to ILN, they nailed this one.   For future reference, the nam was too far east with the precip, (totally whiffing us inside of 24 hours), even the gfs wasn't that much better.   Euro did very well.

Yep, they stayed low-key on it and never wavered. Mentioned mixing early in the weekend and it (somewhat) verified. Huge props to the Euro for being very consistent for nearly a week. It picked up on mixing issues for CMH late last week and pinpointed extreme NE Ohio as the bullseye.

Archived