joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 15-17th Storm Threat

OHweather

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pouring rain/snow here with a slushy coating on cars. Temps spiked to 35F near midnight but have slowly settled back to 33F as winds finally tuned out of the north. Somehow, paved surfaces are icing over. The rain washed salt off the roads and ground temps are still cold which may be contributing.

Flake size has improved a bit now. I'd say we have 1/2-3/4" down. As long as this storm doesn't haul ass we should be able to get into the bottom end of my 4-6" range. Not seeing much banding either here, or upstream, so I think 6" is a pipe dream.

EC only calling for up to 2"

Haven't measured yet, but about 2.5" here. Same with compaction here. If it was a few degrees colder, we'd have close to 5" easily.

Definitely, if this had been a cold storm we would have done well.  Marginal temps and the heavy snow never really locking in for long periods hurt accums.   When I went to bed the radar looked awesome but the snow was light.    Hard to tell how much but I'd guess between 2 and 3.   Roads are now just wet.   I can't believe they cancelled school in Westerville!      Probably want to use up some of those snow days they haven't had an opportunity to.

Archived