joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol way to walk that back. A 5" storm at DCA is a MECS everywhere else.

Explain, in detail, how I walked back something that was never defined in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kidding chill. You said legit storm which most people view as 2-4". But then you answered warning, which is almost impossible at DCA. If your talking IAD then it would be a fun bet.

Gfs brought back the day 10 thing. Lol. Models are going to be a mess with all the moving parts it seems.

Meh, it looks pretty marginal going by the 850s and 2m temperatures.  Not that it much matters to interpret such details 10 days out.  But I'm being kind of pessimistic I suppose given the trends today, even in the somewhat longer range after next week's mess.

18Z GEFS mean continues to insist on breaking things down pretty rapidly in the longer range, it looks ugly by the end, quite honestly.  Through ~300h it's not a bad look, though.

Meh, it looks pretty marginal going by the 850s and 2m temperatures.  Not that it much matters to interpret such details 10 days out.  But I'm being kind of pessimistic I suppose given the trends today, even in the somewhat longer range after next week's mess.

18Z GEFS mean continues to insist on breaking things down pretty rapidly in the longer range, it looks ugly by the end, quite honestly.  Through ~300h it's not a bad look, though.

Who knows what the hell will happen early-mid next week at this point. 12z EPS h5 pattern just beyond that period and through the end of the run looks pretty darn nice.

Rain is better than nothing.

I would say that depends on your location. I really could do without any kind of moisture for a great while as it has been wet here for a very long time. I have watered my 3500 sq/ft garden maybe a handful of times in the past 5 years. I am very tired of rain!!! Unless it is snow or a very strong thunderstorm/tropical cyclone, then I would prefer blue skies and 80's.

Might be a stretch, but with warmer temps ahead of this clipper and a favorable low track, does anyone else see a very small chance for strong storms on Sunday afternoon? NAM has "some" CAPE and that might be good enough?

With the recent trends for next weeks storm, I'm trying to get excited about something...

Trying to extrapolate the NAM and I see 1) no h5 feature that can produce a strong low or a cutter in the Tues/Wed time frame 2) a pretty strong CAD look with a decent high in a good place 3) not sure how long it would take to get meaningful precip in here.

Of course all of it could be wrong which would make those observations meaningless. GFS up soon. Curious to see what it spits out.

Trying to extrapolate the NAM and I see 1) no h5 feature that can produce a strong low or a cutter in the Tues/Wed time frame 2) a pretty strong CAD look with a decent high in a good place 3) not sure how long it would take to get meaningful precip in here.

Of course all of it could be wrong which would make those observations meaningless. GFS up soon. Curious to see what it spits out.

looking at the last few frames of the h5 it's coming up. The flow is backing and that storm over Louisiana is going to lift north. It may not cut but I'm not as sure it cant. But at the same time the gfs has that back over southeast Colorado so it's certainly in a lot better starting point. Crazy difference for only 84 hours.

The NAM (DGEX) runs the storm right up the Apps. CAD stands no chance against that.

yea. It doesn't matter much how cold it is at 84 hours. The trough is starting to dig too far west and the ridging is popping up the coast. The nam certainly looks better then the gfs but I still felt it had the look of about to cut too far west at the end.

Archived