joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful overnight runs. Both short and long term. All 3 ensembles continue to have a decent look across Canada but all 3 also have mixed signals across the conus. Gefs worst. Eps best. My guess is there is a split camp leading to that. Some that don't go crazy with the blocking and have a super torch. Others that go nuts with the blocking and are cold. It's the only way I see the means looking that way because a -epo -AO pattern is not going to have high heights across the United States in March. It's almost impossible. More likely there is a war going on about weather the high latitude ridging stays and that leads to the weird mixed look long range. It's not an it's over look yet but it's troubling that the cmc and euro ens have gone from a very strong good signal to a more mixed signal.

Nam looks like the runs of the globals a few days ago. Lol

Its doing kinda what you said yesterday. Although its hard to remember exactly which wave you were discussing lol, so many of them. Seems the lead wave pulls the "cold" down and the boundary a bit further south, then it has a strong enough second wave to make the most of the marginally cold air. Looks like last week, but no arctic air in front. The following low will cut and be a wind driven spring deluge.

Awful overnight runs. Both short and long term. All 3 ensembles continue to have a decent look across Canada but all 3 also have mixed signals across the conus. Gefs worst. Eps best. My guess is there is a split camp leading to that. Some that don't go crazy with the blocking and have a super torch. Others that go nuts with the blocking and are cold. It's the only way I see the means looking that way because a -epo -AO pattern is not going to have high heights across the United States in March. It's almost impossible. More likely there is a war going on about weather the high latitude ridging stays and that leads to the weird mixed look long range. It's not an it's over look yet but it's troubling that the cmc and euro ens have gone from a very strong good signal to a more mixed signal.

what amazes me is, the data is the same, the equations cant be that different,yet big differences.either some programmar has no clue or .....

Right. NAM looks to be blowing up the first impulse. Wonder what the NAM would do with the main event?

Well, I dont put much stock in the NAM outside of 48 hours or so, and I doubt it is correct on that front-running wave. The one behind it looks like its poised to cut, as the globals are favoring.

what amazes me is, the data is the same, the equations cant be that different,yet big differences.either some programmar has no clue or .....

:lmao:

1.  Pro-grammar.  Nice.

2.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory.   Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.

:lmao:

1.  Pro-grammar.  Nice.

2.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory.   Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.

People just don't like to believe in chaos.  There is still uncertainty but right now I'd bet against the NAM.  Not just because its a less skillful model at those time ranges but because its by itself and doesn't agree with the bulk of the GEFS and Euro ensembles or the parent models.  Could be right but probably won't be. 

Archived