• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

Of course the EPS moved a little east from last night with more colder and snowier solutions. Probably toast in the cities either way but winwxluvr approves of this run. 

Hey............everybody see this post?  Randy?  :P

This is still over 4 days away.  We can do this.  Or we can't.  We just can't know yet.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course the EPS moved a little east from last night with more colder and snowier solutions. Probably toast in the cities either way but winwxluvr approves of this run.

they have no consensus. Day 6 looks like someone took a shotgun and sprayed the northeast with lows. They did lose that crazy cut to Ohio look. There is way more snow showing up close by as you pointed out but it's split between the two waves. Basically the eps says we don't know yet.

Hey............everybody see this post? Randy? :P

This is still over 4 days away. We can do this. Or we can't. We just can't know yet.

Dude, for you, you should never give up, even in the summer with a low tracking over Dulles you'd still be in the game. I'm talking for us. For you, no way you walk away now. For me and the cities, we out. I'm folding. There is zero chance we're back in. If we get a legit snowstorm, I'll make ji an admin for an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, for you, you should never give up, even in the summer with a low tracking over Dulles you'd still be in the game. I'm talking for us. For you, no way you walk away now. For me and the cities, we out. I'm folding. There is zero chance we're back in. If we get a legit snowstorm, I'll make ji an admin for an hour.

Holy crap. That would be a sight to see with Ji as admin. So define snowstorm. 1-3? 2-4?

Definitely interested in what criteria would be applied to a "legit snowstorm" so I can root for that to verify.

I rank them 3rd but when they are in line with the eps I use them as support to toss the gfs.

I saw what you were referring to in terms of the GEFS overall pattern in the longer range, and I've noticed the same (disturbing) trend for it to sort of have the Pacific flow push the West Coast ridge east and also flatten it.  The effect is to undercut the low heights/vortex in southeast Canada, with more ridging evident here (and in the east in general).  The Canadian ensembles keep the ridge in the western U.S., a better +PNA signal, and it's stronger than the GEFS.  Which results in keeping a trough here.  Not sure if the GEFS is on to something, or what, in that time frame.  But it is a change from before.

ETA:  I see you've mentioned the EPS shows the more favorable look through d15, so that's good to see at least!

I saw what you were referring to in terms of the GEFS overall pattern in the longer range, and I've noticed the same (disturbing) trend for it to sort of have the Pacific flow push the West Coast ridge east and also flatten it. The effect is to undercut the low heights/vortex in southeast Canada, with more ridging evident here (and in the east in general). The Canadian ensembles keep the ridge in the western U.S., a better +PNA signal, and it's stronger than the GEFS. Which results in keeping a trough here. Not sure if the GEFS is on to something, or what, in that time frame. But it is a change from before.

ETA: I see you've mentioned the EPS shows the more favorable look through d15, so that's good to see at least!

gefs actually has been doing that for days now. It's been pretty bad compared to the eps long range this year so I've not been giving it much weight with the other guidance in tandem. Plus it's kinda weird what it's showing.

Archived