• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

Screw anyone under 30 down there. I spent the better part of two decades down there with nothing but sh*tshows for winter storms. The younger ones need to experience real pain. Yes I'm a sadistic S.O.B.

And don't get me going on NWS's overuse of watered down Blizzard criteria down there. It's a complete embarrassment to standards.

I mentioned somewhere else in this thread, those folks down there don't know how lucky they've been during the past 20 or so years. I grew up on Long Island during the 70s. LOTS of rain storms and 2" snow/change to sleet/change to rain events. Winter of 72-72 was it, total snow of about 1"? I still have nightmares.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, buffalo has named every lake effect storm for the better part of 18 years..... But yes, I understand the context of the joke.

Actually some controversy with this. Niz actually started naming the storms back in 99 and had a great system. Best thing was storms were not named until long after they passed and were strictly for historical reference. When he left KBUF for the TWC that is when they started the name game BS hype. After that KBUF stopped naming storms and blocked access to the 15 years worth of record keeping he logged....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not ever use TWC storm names or I'll make a voodoo doll of you and stick sewing needle pins through it.

Hahahhahha! My bad man, I don't have a problem with names of historic storms as it makes it easier to remember them and distinguish them from the rest. It also allows you to differentiate between 2 large historic storms in the same here.

For those not exhausted from tracking the current storm...Euro shows a big storm for mid/late week next week with eastern areas (SYR to ALB) in the cross hairs.  Way out there, but seems to be a decent signal for cold/stormy in that time period.  

Indeed. The most recent runs of the GFS, CMC, and Euro are all on board.

acc10_1snowne.png

At least we are all practiced up model hugging for a potential storm next week since it looks like a possible rinse and repeat...anyone got any maps out yet? ;)

LEK...nice call on SYR Slopfest snow...I ended up with 5.3 + 1.3 = 6.9" right on your number.

LOL he called mine too ,right on the dot 9.8" good call LEK!

At least we are all practiced up model hugging for a potential storm next week since it looks like a possible rinse and repeat...anyone got any maps out yet? ;)

LEK...nice call on SYR Slopfest snow...I ended up with 5.3 + 1.3 = 6.9" right on your number.

LOL he called mine too ,right on the dot 9.8" good call LEK!

Aww....thanks fellas!.....You know, I didn't just go to school for lake-effect!! ;)  A little bullish on the 27" maxes in the finger lakes...but, yeah, this blind squirrel found a nut!! :):thumbsup:

Archived