• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's pretty good! Was lake enhancement significantly involved at all?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

nope.  it was a pretty warm storm.  The second biggest one was feb 58 where we got 28".  there was definitely a lot of lake enhancement involved in that one both in BUF and ROC since temps were near zero during that storm.  

nope. it was a pretty warm storm. The second biggest one was feb 58 where we got 28". there was definitely a lot of lake enhancement involved in that one both in BUF and ROC since temps were near zero during that storm.

Over 30 years since our last 24"+ synoptic storm? That means we are due! If only it worked that way. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much for next week.

Over 30 years since our last 24"+ synoptic storm? That means we are due! If only it worked that way. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much for next week.

I'm not sure where those euro folks up there are putting these really favorable ratios.  The qpf itself is 1.5" for the storm in BUF.  

I'm not sure where those euro folks up there are putting these really favorable ratios. The qpf itself is 1.5" for the storm in BUF.

Well all the major weather models at least show a storm occurring next week, so that's good. Storms that move right up the coast usually aren't too good for us in Western new York though.

Archived