Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it did...It was a big hit for several in the SE.  Ga. and SC do really well.  They should be pulling for the canadian.

No.  It's a major ice storm down here, and I'd rather have rain.  Thankfully the Canadian is a horrible model versus Euro & Para Euro.

Here's the weenie map.

oP4G6V2.png

That would be ok with me, even 2-3" would save this winter also that map looks very similar to this storm..to bad the other models don't really show much although the trend has been wetter the close we get.....since I will be for sure all rain next Monday this is all I got right now lol.....

GFS though is really struggling with the storm too I think. Hardly has one at all.

But yeah, if that high can stay as shown there right on the coast, most of the SE CAD areas would be fine for a winter storm IMO from what the other global models are showing in regard to the storm. Off the coast is no good. At this point though I may as well say that I want it in upstate NY. Can I get that?

There's actually no storm on the means until the high moves out, so I agree. I just look at cold first then storms but there's no right way to do it.

WPC Sfc Forecast from 10:30 this morning...

To me it looks like the storm is just a little late to the party even there.  The storm track is great.  The high though is disappearing when the storm coming through.  I'd like to see the low east of the mississippi with the high in that location in the first pic.  I can't help but wishcast at his point. 

Atlanta gets mostly rain, outside of a few MM of ZR. Nashville gets 20MM of snow and a trace of ZR. 

Wow, that's surprising looking at the surface maps.  Grant it, I could be looking at more of the northern burbs of Atl.  Anyway, it'll change by 0z.  :)

Those ZR maps above is what I was afraid of for many people.  Here's a bit of info for those who haven't been following...

Yesterdays 12z Euro had an ice event basically like the Canadian just did down this way.  The 00z Euro was warmer.  Euro coming soon and will be interesting in about 30-45 minutes or so.

Archived