Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - February 2016

MAG5035

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next week is looking more and more wet to me. We have the Euro on our side and not much else. The Ukie being so far west (runs up through western PA) is a huge red flag. The GEFS and the GEM have all shifted west as well. Right now the Euro is pretty much alone in  bringing most of us white vs. wet. 

If the Euro and Ukie are at odds, the chances of the Euro being right when it's all alone is slim to none IMO.

Looks warm doesn't it? Looks to be in the low 40's= wash some of the salt off the roads

for whatever reason the NAM has been really struggling with the temperatures in this warm air mass that is pushing north and east for this afternoon over the last several runs... even the 12z run today is already off a good bit over Indiana/Ohio/Michigan/Western PA for 1 PM today!

t0.gif

the warm air push is a classic "warm air pools on west side of Appalachians where there is little to no snow cover" scenario where southwest PA is seeing the temperature spike into the 50s already while those in the mountains are still in low 30s.  At 1:00 it was 60 in Morgantown, WV and 30 in Johnstown, PA... that is a crazy gradient!!

(edit: 64 Morgantown and 32 Johnstown at 2pm)

post-285-0-34450600-1455908155_thumb.jpg

for whatever reason the NAM has been really struggling with the temperatures in this warm air mass that is pushing north and east for this afternoon over the last several runs... even the 12z run today is already off a good bit over Indiana/Ohio/Michigan/Western PA for 1 PM today!

t0.gif

the warm air push is a classic "warm air pools on west side of Appalachians where there is little to no snow cover" scenario where southwest PA is seeing the temperature spike into the 50s already while those in the mountains are still in low 30s. At 1:00 it was 60 in Morgantown, WV and 30 in Johnstown, PA... that is a crazy gradient!!

(edit: 64 Morgantown and 32 Johnstown at 2pm)

2 19 16 18ztemps.jpg

Yeah its close to 60 and sunny here in Pittsburgh. This is something that is prevalent when talking snowstorms on the west side of the ridges.

12z Euro ensemble still keeps all of CTP in the snow game for next week.

The mean snow is 3-4 inches in the LSV.

State College/Altoona area is 6-8 inches mean snow.

About 35 of the ensemble members bring at least a few inches

to CTP. Of those members, some jackpot all of us, some hit the LSV &

Some hit true central hard.

This threat is far from over.

Which GGEM? The 0z I'm looking at has it an NEPA to New England snow.  You and the Poconos do well (which is ok by me) but not a whole lot for anyone else.

The operative word being *tries*. It is definitely a more north event.

Regardless, it's out on its own, as everything else has a strong low tracking well west and giving everyone a warm rain.

The operative word being *tries*. It is definitely a more north event.

Regardless, it's out on its own, as everything else has a strong low tracking well west and giving everyone a warm rain.

I get what you're saying, and I'll tell you that I really wish it would verify that way for you. I haul a lot of freight up into New England and run I-81 and I-84 almost every day. It's simply amazing that there is no snow whatsoever along that corridor all the way to Connecticut.

0z Euro ensemble mean still has around 3 inches of snow for the LSV for next week & has about 5 inches for State College/Altoona & NEPA.

Low tracks for the individual ensemble members are still all over the place,

but the mean low it creates tracks to our south and east.

About half of the members bring at least a few inches of snow & still a few good hits mixed in as well.

Archived