joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2016

MAG5035

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the most intense squall line I've seen since I'm living in Tamaqua. I've never clocked a wind speed higher than 24 mph on my station, not even in Sandy (my anemometer reads low), but tonight, I clocked 29 mph. I videoed the first 2 minutes and then it got so bad I want back in the house. We didn't have a lot of lightning or thunder, but holy hell at the wind and the rain!!!

Multiple buildings destroyed around Gap/White Horse, Lancaster County.

It wouldn't surprise me if that ends up being a confirmed tornado. That was a pretty solid couplet on the screen capture posted in the last page... especially in an area where CCX and LWX radar beams don't really hit low levels all that well. Probably a better couplet than I saw on anything locally all last year during severe season. 

Lancaster County PA: MAJOR WEATHER EVENT. Multiple Fires. 20 Ladder Truck 30 Ambulances "Every Rescue Truck in the County needed". 
Lancaster County PA: MAJOR WEATHER EVENT. All Utility Companies are needed. County Dispatch "We don't have anymore crews to send, Sir."
SALISBURY TWP | LANCASTER | BLDG COLLAPSE | MILLWOOD RD | MULT BUILDINGS COLLAPSE FROM STORM BARN DOWN W/ ANIMALS TRAPPED MAJOR DAMAGE RESCUE TASK FORCE 

Archived