joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most of us would take a foot and run at this point.

I think the GFS is on the low end right now, while the NAM at the extreme end. If we blend the two runs, we get a result in number similar to this Euro run.

Euro looks great, but is there any chance the output is flawed due to the issues tonight? Were the issues with how the model ran or in transmitting the output? The former would be a big deal, while the latter is immaterial, really.

NOPE "@ryanmaue nope, QPF and snow is accum bucket in each file as time goes on. We're good."

Euro looks great, but is there any chance the output is flawed due to the issues tonight? Were the issues with how the model ran or in transmitting the output? The former would be a big deal, while the latter is immaterial, really.

The European had the same data that the NAM and GFS ingested. To be honest, the storm down south is looking more robust than I would have imagined so far.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see the precip field expand again during the morning runs.

Nyc metro is really back in the game from what we see.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

NOPE "@ryanmaue nope, QPF and snow is accum bucket in each file as time goes on. We're good."

That's great to hear - thanks!  Last thing I want to see is a nice bump up by the Euro and then hear that there was some processing issue with a subroutine that invalidated the run or something like that.  Feeling much better with my earlier call of 6-10" for NYC (and between 78 and 80 in NJ and 10-16" between 78 and 195.  Heck, that could even be low...

Archived