joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people was bashing JB yesterday cause he said the ULL should be further north than what models showing... Guess what? It's North of what models were showing........... That's why a lot of us is going to have a fail storm!!!

He also said the next week winter threat for us and up the coast , had a superstorm 93 vibe,

Soooo... Hype much , lol

We are under a freezing rain advisory in Richland county, I was just out and the roads were a little slippery, hopefully we can stay at 33 and rain.

I have to drive home from Blyhtewood all the way to Chapin in a few hours. Let's hope so. Ill leave for snow and sleet, rather not for zr.

Not correct. Snow was 85 north! Models showed south of 85 with alot of zr and sleet and some showing zr to CAE! Our local NBC met was saying 1-4" still at noon, N and S of 85 in greenville county

Go back and look at all the post leading up to this and see how many kept saying models looked like a bad ice storm NORTH of 85. Also a lot of folks through out upstate north of 85 has gotten atleast 2" of snow with more predicted tonight with the ULL so I disagree with you.

And I haven't heard a local met one call for SNOW south of 85

I'm old enough to remember when people played in the snow with their children and didn't break their necks to get back inside to post pictures on Facebook.

I'm old enough to remember when people didn't have a place online to anonymously curse the skies and meteorologists alike when a forecast didn't pan out! Terrific!

Go back and look at all the post leading up to this and see how many kept saying models looked like a bad ice storm NORTH of 85. Also a lot of folks through out upstate north of 85 has gotten atleast 2" of snow with more predicted tonight with the ULL so I disagree with you.

Go look at wyff 4's forecast map. It hasn't changed since yesterday

They extended the advisory for south 85 late as well. Probably more out of precaution but I'm not a met. 

He also said the next week winter threat for us and up the coast , had a superstorm 93 vibe,

Soooo... Hype much , lol

Maybe,IDK nor do I care,  Many of them do that.. He's nailed ULL track. But he's the one who always gets the bashing. He didn't say it was going to be a 1993 storm NOT EVEN CLOSE SAYING THAT. people read to much into things, He said the upper level pattern had similarities to March 1993 that's all he said about 1993.

serious question has any model EVER nailed every detail of a storm and stayed with that ONE solution every run?    i ask because the point needs to be made the models are NOT reality, they NEVER nail any storm perfectly, i got kicked off the other board 2 years ago because during a storm people were saying the RADARS were wrong because they showed snow where no model showed it and i pointed out the same stuff then........NO model ever is going to nail the details of any storm days in advance, the simple FACT they change every run shows that to be reality.

Archived