joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I seeing it right, the GFS seems to have around 12" in southern Dauphin county and maybe 2-4" in northern Dauphin County?

That's f'n crazy. Impossible to forecast. Harrisburg might see barely anything yet could just as easily see a foot. Don't see that every winter.

2009,2010 had crazy tight gradients as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please take this kind of stuff to the complaints thread.

There's been a boatload of banter in this thread and you're going to call ME out? So what if what I posted was a bit of a complaint? It's been hell sitting on the wrong side of the gradient for every single HECS since 2009.

Give me a break...

There's been a boatload of banter in this thread and you're going to call ME out? So what if what I posted was a bit of a complaint? It's been hell sitting on the wrong side of the gradient for every single HECS since 2009.

Give me a break...

And you've whined nonstop since 2009. The whining is a big reason I left for several years (and I know it's been a factor for others leaving, as well). It's the whole reason the complaint thread was started years ago. So whiners would have a place to vent and the rest of us (me, Jamie, mods, etc) wouldn't have to deal with it.

If you want to banter, banter away. But the pity party is both irrational and tiresome.

Please take this kind of stuff to the complaints thread.

Chill out. There has been a lot of bitterness on here from some. I like this thread because it has a good balance between analysis and banter, and also since the volume of posters isn't huge we can get away with it unlike the MA forum that gets overrun with it.

You also aren't a mod last I checked...

I'm better hanging out with the MA crowd this storm.

It does suck to be fringed and miss out in an epic blizzard. I understand people's frustration Our locations are right on the state line so in large coastal storms we have the MA qpf and get hit just as hard if not harder more often than not but with the benefit of PA temperatures. In marginal events people like PSU in Manchester, you, and myself get accumulating snow while 10 miles south of us it's rain. In a marginal event our climo is more PA but for huge dynamic coastal storms we are pure MA climo.

It does suck to be fringed and miss out in an epic blizzard. I understand people's frustration Our locations are right on the state line so in large coastal storms we have the MA qpf and get hit just as hard if not harder more often than not but with the benefit of PA temperatures. In marginal events people like PSU in Manchester, you, and myself get accumulating snow while 10 miles south of us it's rain. In a marginal event our climo is more PA but for huge dynamic coastal storms we are pure MA climo.

Yep, same out here. We get tons of 2-4 inch events from clippers and sometimes LE, but for miller a's they are usually too far south and east, and miller b's, the low most always runs straight over us and we change to slop even after models show it staying south till the last minute. Getting 6+ inch storms here is difficult, and not sure if this storm is considers an a or be since the transfer is so far south.

Please calm down everyone. Let's not yell at anyone here - this forum is ground zero for weenie heartbreaks with the cutoffs.

No one should be spoken down to for frustration IMO.

I didn't think a request to move complaints to the thread created specifically for complaints was unreasonable. It seems like I may have been wrong. And if that's how it is, I'll be exiting this forum once again.

Winds according to CTP are supposed to be 25 to 35 on Sat. Any thoughts of us in southern PA going to a blizzard watch? I know criteria is 30 mph winds and visibility .25 mile or less I believe.

I texted a few CTP Mets and they said they were looking into it and it was a posibilty. This would be for Adams , York and Lancaster counties. Prob not watches but upgrade to blizzard warnings if needed. We won't sustain at 35moh but frequent gusts into the 30's is very possible.

I have a question, and I'm not sure how we could go about this.

I don't know where some of you guys are in relation to the state. I know State College, for instance, but not specifically where you are Voyager or 2001 (I know Tamaqua and Clearfield, but not WHERE they are really), when looking at a map.

Would it be possible for someone to create a map and pinpoint posters' locations? Is that even doable?

Archived