joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #1 - No Banter

Deck Pic

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, snowfalls of that magnitude could conceivably cause extremely severe problems. We are pretty well equipped for big snow here but I don't think there is a way to prepare for something like that.

I remember hearing the exact same comments in the run-up to the Feb 10th storm, but in the end we mostly survived just fine. 

GOOD POST BOB .... T e only reason I am even considering this huge snow amounts is because of the enso / STJ

I'll probably suffer some mixing issues during the transition from waa to CCB and dynamic upper air support if it goes down like what we are seeing but that's fine and I'm used to it.

The tricky thing about closed h5 is it becomes a living breathing entity that almost always includes surprises. Models have a tough time 24 hours out let alone 4+ days. I know you know this far better than me. Just making a blanket statement.

I remember hearing the exact same comments in the run-up to the Feb 10th storm, but in the end we mostly survived just fine.

Yeah. I think 20-25 inches we are just seriously disrupted few days. Push around 30 and I would think impact ratchets up. Beyond that amount I have no capacity for thought.

ggem   would not o use it to wipe my ass

Slightly off-topic, but check out the GFS @ 189 hours, the pattern almost repeats itself. It ends up closing off some huge ULL, but could you imagine?

On-topic....00z UKIE, would be a huge hit for you guys. 

attachicon.gifukie.gif

GGEM weenie snow map

xKe5fUP.png

Not really being talked about, but could be some interesting winds during the height of the event. Obviously far out yada yada but with something so dynamic...

gfs_mslp_uv10g_neng_23.png

Good catch.  The bigger events all have the strong influx from the Atlantic, but with that train comes the risk of mixing or even flipping.  Again, most of the big events have featured both.

Archived