• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

Guys im not bashing this storm for us at all Im simply at awe at the dynamics over VA....well see come tomorrow and ill make my decision then. After i chased my first storm i was hooked it is so fun

If models hold, you should look to get elevation, there is 5 stand deviation 850 inflow that hammers the east slope of Central APPS in N VA.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16" is pedestrian HECS stuff, He is chasing 96  :lol:  seriously there is nothing wrong with that mountain climbers always look for something bigger to climb, etc. But it's premature to assume where the jackpot will be.

Fascinating....he is leaving Philly to chase?  Lol.  I am coming to philly to chase!  Arrive in center city Thursday night.  Wouldn't surprise me for Philly area to be the jackpot if this think edges just a bit north.  Closing off and crawling off the south jersey coast?  How does Philly not get 18+ and maybe ++ with that set up, regardless of what model qpf says.

Guys im not bashing this storm for us at all Im simply at awe at the dynamics over VA....well see come tomorrow and ill make my decision then. After i chased my first storm i was hooked it is so fun

I am glad the jackpot is over the MA right now. I doubt it stays there. BTW Kocin invoked 1996, 2003, 2010 in his mid day report. Called the setup classic textbook.

People that use these snowfall maps as guidance are just not smart.  Especially when 1) your still 2+ days out and 2) given the dynamics that might exist you cannot take the models verbatim at where the "jackpots will be".  Once you get 24 hours out and you can use the meso models then you can get a general idea what areas might be in the best position to cash in on the dynamics.   The outcomes generally never mirror the models in regards to snowfall totals. 

I mean there is an apparent downward trend on liquid up here in the Lehigh valley, so that's something to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like most storms with this type of setup somebody north of "the action" is going to get screwed aka 2009/10, don't think the LV has any shot at smoking cirrus this go around but some folks on the northern edge are not going to be happy.  

Not Liking the shift with the GEFS. Suppression has been a concern. Still several days out and typically you like to see this look at this point. Many a storm has corrected north, but still....

Not sure what to think until 12z suite finishes. Most local news outlets really harping on a change to plain rain here. That would mean a farther N and W track. They have hardly even mentioned suppression.

Been saying that as the energy comes ashore there will be big shifts. Around 12z tomorrow guidance should really start to converge on a solution.

People freaking out too early....

No freaking out here, just don't like to see a GEFS mean having me under a foot and even under 10". As I said, long way to go and I don't see on the models anything that would point to massive suppression. A system like this you would think would have a CCB up and down I95 at least from NYC south

No freaking out here, just don't like to see a GEFS mean having me under a foot and even under 10". As I said, long way to go and I don't see on the models anything that would point to massive suppression. A system like this you would think would have a CCB up and down I95 at least from NYC south

stop paying attention to qpf maps and look at the mid levels. still looks great for your area.

Euro is odd how there is a complete capture of the surface low at 120 yet the entire closed low/slp are progressive and race, I mean race, ENE thereafter. Euro is notoriously a solid model but that scenario seems a bit suspect to me.

Are these the beginning signs of a much more progressive system? GEFS doesnt even have a capture and also trucks NE.

Archived