SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a novice in model downtime....living here in Toms River I fully expect to changeover...but is there any hope for major amounts this way? And if so, what does not just my area, but the coast need to have happen to cash in? If even possible..thanks!!

For coastal New Jersey to cash in and limit mixing, the low would have to push further south and eastward rather then further north. The further north the system lays, the further north that rain/sleet line will creep. 

This is extremely dependent on the high to the north dictating how aggressively north it'll be able to track before going OTS

For coastal New Jersey to cash in and limit mixing, the low would have to push further south and eastward rather then further north. The further north the system lays, the further north that rain/sleet line will creep.

This is extremely dependent on the high to the north dictating how aggressively north it'll be able to track before going OTS

Thank you! I'm hoping everyone from DC to even Boston can cash in big!!! Let's build a huge snowpack and make it start looking like winter around here for awhile!

You guys know how big of a weenie I am, but I am actually considering storm chasing this one, because I honesty think most of the coastal plain is gonna be screwed here. I could see Philly getting 4-8" of WAA snows, then over to sleet/rain dry slot while the C PA guys are enjoying 30-40" of snow.  Honestly the 12z EURO run worried me so much that this thing could end up closing off and stalling over the Apps. I want to see an East trend on the data 2nite. 

You guys know how big of a weenie I am, but I am actually considering storm chasing this one, because I honesty think most of the coastal plain is gonna be screwed here. I could see Philly getting 4-8" of WAA snows, then over to sleet/rain dry slot while the C PA guys are enjoying 30-40" of snow.  Honestly the 12z EURO run worried me so much that this thing could end up closing off and stalling over the Apps. I want to see an East trend on the data 2nite. 

Yeah, I'm hoping the storm ends up more southeast. The rain comes in a bit too far for my liking. I thought maybe I'd end up spared since I'm a bit more inland but the northwest trend proved me wrong. I see people say stop worrying about the specifics (snow totals) and more on the track, but it's a little hard to not worry. Oh well, I'd rather see this ~4-5 days out rather than a day or so before the storm. We still have time, though it doesn't seem like it. 

I honestly think you're overreacting over nothing and you should wait until Wednesday at the very earliest. And I don't think CPA is going to end up with 30-40".

Yeah, I'm hoping the storm ends up more southeast. The rain comes in a bit too far for my liking. I thought maybe I'd end up spared since I'm a bit more inland but the northwest trend proved me wrong. I see people say stop worrying about the specifics (snow totals) and more on the track, but you really can't not worry. Oh well, I'd rather see this ~4-5 days out rather than a day or so before the storm.

You don't have a crystal ball, nothing has proven you wrong about anything. You should listen to what other people say and stop worrying about specifics this far out.

I am not nearly as worried as you are about a dryslot. If Philly does flip to rain, it would be only briefly, and the flip back to snow would likely have the best storm dynamics.

I honestly think you're overreacting over nothing and you should wait until Wednesday at the very earliest. And I don't think CPA is going to end up with 30-40".

I dont think he is overreacting at all temps north to south right at the coast 43 to 50 degree waters north to south 70 miles out 65 to 75 degree waters it is a valid concern for the coast to 60 miles inland with models depicting 80knt winds off the warm Atlantic. This storm needs to be off the coast 40-60 miles.

What about 35 miles NW of the city? I'm feeling pretty good right now

Really wish Glenn still did the 11pm weather...

THIS^^^^^^^

I COULD NOT agree with you MORE!!!!!

I commented on this a few weeks ago....

Sheena's analysis is really poor...

spends most of her time talking about temperatures and "feels like"!!!

Glenn was on at 11 last night and offers so much more than any other Philly TV met (analysis wise)...

Glenn/Sheena, please pay heed if you're reading this!!

THIS^^^^^^^

I COULD NOT agree with you MORE!!!!!

I commented on this a few weeks ago....

Sheena's analysis is really poor...

spends most of her time talking about temperatures and "feels like"!!!

Glenn was on at 11 last night and offers so much more than any other Philly TV met (analysis wise)...

Glenn/Sheena, please pay heed if you're reading this!!

Lol...she's doing it right now.

Archived