joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z GFS brings r/s line into PHL though... Looks real good for inland..

Too early to talk specifics. Yes, all major winter storms usually involve some mixing along I95 at best, but it is way to early to begin talking r/s lines regarding this threat. Only thing we should take away from this run is that the signal for a major hit for our region is still there....in a big way!

6z GFS is a thing of beauty...widespread 1.5-2.5 foot totals. T-minus approx 36 hours before I bite on this monster and go all-in though. I am still VERY wary of a major shift though the fact it appears as widespread as it is and the overwhelming agreement among guidance is certainly giving me a warm, fuzzy feeling attm. Cautiously optimistic.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

The se trend by the Euro needs to stop. That was a pretty huge shift at 0z. I'm on the verge of getting fringed. Gfs and cmc are a little more safe but I'd feel better if the euro was backing them...

Either way this is about 24 hours from a red alert. Pretty cool to see by how close to the edge everyone was just a few short days ago. 

The se trend by the Euro needs to stop. That was a pretty huge shift at 0z. I'm on the verge of getting fringed. Gfs and cmc are a little more safe but I'd feel better if the euro was backing them...

Either way this is about 24 hours from a red alert. Pretty cool to see by how close to the edge everyone was just a few short days ago. 

If it is any consolation, the normally progressive NAVGEM is an inside runner with quite a bit non-frozen:

navgem_mslp_pcpn_us_21.png

I suppose what I am saying is, until we have a clearer picture of the track maybe by 12Z Wed/0Z Thurs, I would take any shifts with a grain of salt. At that time, I would start watching for clear trends, but still a little early to get concerned one way or the other. Plus, do you think you are going to remain in the bullseye for the next 7-8 Euro runs with zero fluctuation?

Hang in there.....steady as she goes!  :)

Archived