Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 1.4 inches

New Liquid: 0.03 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 46.7

Snow Density: 2.1% H2O

Temperature: 21.2 F

Sky: Light Snow (1-12 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 7.0 inches

Looks like I picked up another 0.7" from the overnight squall for a total of 2.4".  Not bad.  Snow is sticking to everything and it had that magical feel walking the dog this morning.

Congrats to those up north!

Congrats up north. Looks sweet.

Thanks guys, It was an awesome night, 7.80" in 2 hrs

What a weird storm. NE MA screwed big time. My friend in Peabody said barely any snow, but once he hit the 93/128 juncture it built up. Even the guys in SE NH turned to rain, while places like Carver snowed. That SE inflow really got going and helped warm up those areas from NE MA and SE NH.

What a weird storm. NE MA screwed big time. My friend in Peabody said barely any snow, but once he hit the 93/128 juncture it built up. Even the guys in SE NH turned to rain, while places like Carver snowed. That SE inflow really got going and helped warm up those areas from NE MA and SE NH.

The SNE jackpot looked like ORH and N ORH county. Also looks like Foxoborough reported 2.5" so not far behind. I definitely expected somewhere in NE MA to get l some 3"+ amounts, but these instability deals aren't always the most predictable.

Any Tamarack totals? Looks like Lewiston up to Farmington area may have jacked?

Had to snowblow my 8.5" then drive in to AUG first, so a tardy report.   Only had 1.5" of exactly 10:1 teenyflake accum by 9 last night, but by 10 it was pounding and by 4 AM (or earlier) it was done, another 7.0" on 0.51" LE, or ratio 13.7-to-1.  Overnight forecast was 5-9" so it verified near the top end.  Nice to have 12" OG in mid-Jan, especially after the record warmth last month. 

It was light snow from the start at 5pm for me, until about 7:30, very small tiny flakes.  Most of my accumulation came between 7:30-8.

The SNE jackpot looked like ORH and N ORH county. Also looks like Foxoborough reported 2.5" so not far behind. I definitely expected somewhere in NE MA to get l some 3"+ amounts, but these instability deals aren't always the most predictable.

Yeah. I wouldn't think Carver would get more than NE MA...that's for sure. I figured interior SE MA would do well. They usually do in these setups.

Archived