joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 12-13th Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reporting in from the tropical isle of aquidneck...

Just enough of a snow shower of soap shavings to remind me what that white stuff looks like.  All you manlier places enjoy your big boy snow.  My hopes for a redux of last year are dwindling, I just want to take the skis out once or twice.

western and central NS are getting labeled right now. Yarmouth reported 13 cm in an hour earlier. Canadian metars are awful. There's no way halifax airport is only in moderate snow lol. Unfortunately, we missed on Yarmouth forecast, though it was going to rain/non-accumulating snow that far SW.

ummm safe to say we are over your projected amounts....lol. I'll measure soon. I think that Yarmouth report is false. Seems excessive. I'm not see anything in our local reports that supports that.

ummm safe to say we are over your projected amounts....lol. I'll measure soon. I think that Yarmouth report is false. Seems excessive. I'm not see anything in our local reports that supports that.

I don't think it is.  That's from the metar.  The cam showed snow depth increasing rapidly in that hour there.  

Yes, big fail on that.  Especially for southwest.  I thought they would be more marine influenced.  It just ripped with ne winds out of the ne...no bl warming. 

Archived