Newest Member
    joxey
Snowpack Where you Live

TugHillMatt

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5"

The last 2 weeks have been decent, but to say we're having a good winter would be a complete lie. We're over a foot below normal on snowfall. Last winter was my first winter in MN and it sucked! Haha

Going out now to shovel the hockey rink on the lake....now that it's almost below zero. Ugh...

Pic attached to original post

Last winter was my first winter here as well and it was a huge let down... especially given the two banner years that preceded it.  So far this winter is also off to an inglorious start but we too have about a 5 inch snow depth on the other side of town from you and it isn't going anywhere for a long time with the cold settling in.  Finally seeing some ice fisherman on Minnetonka for the first time of the winter, too.  Winter has finally arrived.  Let's get a clipper train going to gradually build up the snowpack.  

Had 3 days with at least an inch in November and 2 days in January. MIGHT be able to keep at least an inch for a week starting tomorrow. I know that this thread is aimed at the snow belts, but had to throw a tropical report out there.

haha...This wasn't aimed at the snow belts, but I guess we will often have more to talk about. I hope it didn't come across that way though? Love hearing everybody's reports and seeing pictures. Some of you guys live in some pretty sweet neighborhoods.

I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm such a loser.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

lol...you calling Josh a loser? He does it all the time. :P I think you positioned the camera to make the snow piles look bigger.......................

What's a snowpack? - Winter 2015-16

Haha....unfortunately your latitude doesn't help!

Around 12" officially this morning but anywhere from 12-16" around the house and into the woods a bit. 

A huge disappointment this year compared to the 3' I had on the ground last year.

attachicon.gifIMG_3737.JPG

I guess you missed the memo that you're not allowed to post here. You will make me more jealous and envious that I can't get my wife to agree to moving up there! bahaha.  We love your updates...but I'm still jealous.

haha...This wasn't aimed at the snow belts, but I guess we will often have more to talk about. I hope it didn't come across that way though? Love hearing everybody's reports and seeing pictures. Some of you guys live in some pretty sweet neighborhoods.

lol...you calling Josh a loser? He does it all the time. :P I think you positioned the camera to make the snow piles look bigger.......................

Haha....unfortunately your latitude doesn't help!

I guess you missed the memo that you're not allowed to post here. You will make me more jealous and envious that I can't get my wife to agree to moving up there! bahaha.  We love your updates...but I'm still jealous.

haha thx! :D

So now that most areas have had some snow, where are you at in the snow depth department? Wind has been blowing around a lot, so hard to get accuracy...my area is at 8 to 12 inches on the ground.

Not a normal Winter around these parts. lots of places giving me a run for the money.

depth was 22" this morning but I seriously think the 5" this morning has settled an inch already.. with the wind helping it.

I'd say an average of 20" with a few spots higher.

I am around 15-20 imby, some spots waist deep now average around 17".I also had the awesome task of trying to clear the satellite dish of the copious amounts of snow. Lets just whatever idiot decided to mount my dish in the worst possible location where you can't reach by pole/brush and climbing a 8/12 pitch in 18" of snow was not going to happen. So I did what every responsible husband/home owner would do, made the wife call Dish to make it there problem.  :D

Pretty sad looking for Mid-Jan for the snowbelts

nsm_depth_2016011305_Northern_Great_Lake

My first January 13th spent searching for riding areas. Canada is closed for business with 2-3 feet. I spoke with the guy who runs their facebook page and he said the problem has been unfrozen swamps. 

My first January 13th spent searching for riding areas. Canada is closed for business with 2-3 feet. I spoke with the guy who runs their facebook page and he said the problem has been unfrozen swamps. 

We have similar issues around our swampy areas, they just now starting to freeze. With this extended cold has helped drive the frost in the ground which should help. 

Archived