joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Disco Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 mins till we have figured out we're like those NYC people who thought they won powerball but read last week's numbers.  

It doesn't even have to be a flush hit on the Euro, I'd just like to see some movement toward the GFS.  Euro doesn't usually have huge shifts

Everybody has been saying that seemingly for days now, but I remember last December when it had about a 12-18 snow for Northern Va and then lost the entire thing in one run.  It may not be common, but it happens.

Everybody has been saying that seemingly for days now, but I remember last December when it had about a 12-18 snow for Northern Va and then lost the entire thing in one run. It may not be common, but it happens.

that's the only time it happens

Well, that was a fun hour and a half of excitement.  I mean, at this point, we have to conclude the GFS is trolling.

Today's GFS is like a Redskin defensive back covering a good reciever with Rodgers quarterbacking with the game on the line.   Rodger's might throw a bad pass but the odds are the defensive back will get burned.   Lol, the Euro has us getting a little snow with the arctic front as frigid air rushes in and crushes the GFS low to south of Florida.

oh goody.   selling the new GFS is going to be a ton of fun.....

It still could be right though with all the other models at odd with it,  I'd certainly bet against it.   I'm still rooting for it. 

I hope it's right for the obvious reason, but also I want it to be right simply for good ol' 'merican pride.    

I mean I knew the euro was not going to be like the gfs but buying the wave into Cuba is a bit of a surprise. It's not like we're talking 5+ day leads anymore. Wow. 

The patterns are basically the same but the GFS is considerably stronger with both the lead wave and the possible something wave for Sunday. Of course we know the Euro is going to crush the GFS on the southern stream battle in general.

It has to wait its turn with all of the other NCEP development work being done on the supercomputer, so the time at which it gets into the queue can vary, but graphics for the 12z cycle on the magpara.ncep.noaa.gov site usually become available in the late afternoon.

Probably been asked somewhere, but at what times does it come out?

Archived