• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Disco/Obs: A New Year, A New Pattern

Rjay

In addition to that it probably it's probably the coldest flip from Dec to Jan in over 100 years.

More importantly there's more than 1 snowstorm in this pattern over the next 15 days in the MA/NE.

An active jet is taking shape and with all those high heights it's just a matter of time before 1 or 2 make a run.

It's not a 1 and done type of pattern.

We got 1 .

Fridays set up is meh but we have time to work on it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Measured several time and several locations late last night and avg was 24" in Monroe, NJ.

Did the park update the 7AM reading yet?  

Also - does anyone have list of LGA/JFK top snowfall (storms)  I cant find previous lists anywhere for those two

So nice for you PB to be so humble... Ok so you're going to be the "I told you so" guy now. Do you want a medal too?

And several people indicted it could be like 82/83 which was a 10 day winter. I don't think it's over though.

I also don't have a problem saying I was wrong. Have fun gloating though.

I will refer you to last Sat morning when there were countless posters who were congratulating the 98 crew , likening this to 72/73 , high fiving the plus 5 Jan crew laughing at the notion that there was no pattern change and opining on how winter was over.

Did you think they would go unchallenged ?

The idea that is a 10 day winter is stupid and so are they. Chanches are they are the same idiots who opined on the above .

The idea of an AN temps with AN snow were fought for since Sept.

Verified .

Again the next warm up will be transient. As for Feb temps may end up on the AN side but so too will the snowfall .

too bad he discounted the nam over and over

Yeh said follow the GEFS /UKIE/EPS which was 10 plus from Thurdasy.

Opined on this 8 days away.

Now I told Rjay I was going to leave you alone unless you said something stupid.

Now I will repost your plus 5 and BN snow for Jan and how this winter had ratter written all over it just 9 days ago.

Lol

Thanks.

Dont like the teleconnections for this one.

Not sure what eventual result will be but we have a -ao and +pna. If that west coast ridge is real there will be a storm you can count on it. Question would be who is impacted. No blocking so it will be a relatively fast mover and if it got uber amped wouldn't necessarily be all frozen. We've seen a tendency for those pacific s/w to crash into the west coast and deamplify and push the ridge along. If this occurs we have no threat I agred

The GFS is really close to something similar to the European. We don't have as much blocking as this past monster, but as we know, even a little blocking goes a long way. 

Preliminary thoughts would indicate a much more mild airmass, but this would probably be a true Miller A as opposed to a Miller C, thus we see precip going N/S with a cutoff from W/E. Interesting potential in a less than ideal pattern for even more snow less than a week after our HECS  

We'll see. 

cfbb7cdcc560563dd4a41c56f87c9da8.png

Archived